Insight? IPB 1.1.0

ZakRhyno

Sorry I mean IPB 3.1.0 sorry about that mistype of the numbers.

[quote name='Charles' date='20 November 2009 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1258739765' post='1881047']
Are you referring to another product? You said IPB 1.1.0 so I assume you meant IP.Board but that's on 3.0.5 now.

That is correct.

We will be discussing 3.1.0 in due time. We are not ready to publicly talk too much about it just yet, however.

There's only so many development hours in a day, and we've been working at updating IPB 3.0.5, as well as new versions of Gallery, Blog, and IP.Downloads, and a point release of IP.Content with a few new features.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='bfarber' date='20 November 2009 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1258750675' post='1881089']
We will be discussing 3.1.0 in due time. We are not ready to publicly talk too much about it just yet, however.

There's only so many development hours in a day, and we've been working at updating IPB 3.0.5, as well as new versions of Gallery, Blog, and IP.Downloads, and a point release of IP.Content with a few new features.

How about now? Two months later? :D

with the load speed becoming a SEO factor, I would loooove to see more speed-wise optimization, you know, things like reducing the number of JS + CSS files, GZIPing, etc etc.

and while I'm at it, what about server resource optimization, improving the search coz currently the search is just pain :ermm:

The search isn't really improvable since it uses MySQL's search function. If you're on a dedicated server then you can install Sphinx, which will greatly improve search functionality, however there really isn't much they could reasonably do to improve searching.

[quote name='Kuroo' date='06 January 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1262831389' post='1896356']
That about SEO, I mean the core of 3.1 not the SEO :P Details man not just a piece of the pie. Give us the food not just the small piece of it. Details, details! :D

We did post details.

We will post information in parts - not everything is done, so there's no realistic way we can post everything 3.1 will feature. The SEO changes posted are done, so we were able to blog about them.

As we finish up functionality for IPB 3.1, we will relay the information to everyone.

Archived