Props to IPS

whitetigergrowl

I've been a customer of IPS's for quite awhile now (I believe close to 5-6 years). And usually a pretty vocal (but civil) member. They (and you) may not always agree with me, and sometimes I admit I seem to run in circles like a dog before getting the point I'm trying to make across. But the staff has always been patient with me. And if I get out of hand on that rare chance, they let me know. They have been fair. They have been civil. And they have been partial.

Now I don't always agree with how some things have been done. But much of that was in the past. And they have overall improved in many of those areas. While I was vocal about things like the mod community not long ago, I think sometimes it takes certain events like the VB member mass exodus to IPB where they are asking for 'mod this' and 'mod that' to help move some things along or to re-awaken my arguments. (Which I'm sure they cringe at, at this point. lol)

But in the end, IPS has pulled through. Some things I admit seemed slow to improve. But they HAVE improved on them.

I understand some admin/owner frustrations. They want to move to IPB, but are stuck on VB because that's what their members want. And sometimes it's not an easy decision. And in some cases an impossible one because thats what the members are accustomed to.

I think this mass exodus to IPB from VB will help IPS in the long run. More active members, more input, more opinions, and so on. (Of course there is only 1 me! :P)

Long story short, I hope to not see the day IPS turns as anti-customer as VB has. VB never used to be this way. But since Oct., many of the fears that VB users had (mainly because of that leaked posting from the admin area on their forums), has come to pass. The changes seem to be due to the new mgmt and owners of Vbulletin. It's no longer the VB many knew.

I have supported IPS and will continue to do so. What's ironic for me is when I complained about their new pricing structure awhile back. I wasn't happy with it. Then VB comes out with theirs last month and made the IPB pricing changes look sane in scope. VB essentially made an ass out of me. Go figure. But at least it made me and others realize how good IPB really is in comparison.

Hopefully now we will see more positive changes. And hopefully that while they will continue to innovate, they will also add useful features members frequently request.

Thank you IPS for 'keeping it real' and for not sending some of us to the poor house any faster than you have to. ;) As well as acting 'normal' while also running a business. Too many times businesses become so business like, they lose touch with what the customer really wants, and instead THINK they know what the customer wants. (Big difference.)

So thanks for everything!

Although I can see this as a day at the office. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEmbG5G-jgE

[quote name='Ditchmonkey' date='05 November 2009 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1257488766' post='1876209']
1. This is the only thing I disagree with. Anyone who didn't see this coming six months ago had their head in the sand.

2. Suck up :D

1. I knew of what was coming. Many did. Problem is, many also tried giving the benefit of the doubt because they were doing damage control on the official forums. But beyond that, there are also many forum owners that aren't paying attention to such things because they aren't uber nerds like many of us, or are pre-occupied with many other things and don't care about it. I still see people on their official forums that when this is brought up say they had no clue about it. Many are just out of the loop. Oct. was that tipping point. I think they were very ignorant about their communities intelligence. Remember in that leaked message what they said about the vocal members and how they would do damage control. This tells me they knew this was coming too. Which is sad. If you know this is coming on such a scale, then maybe you should re-think your strategy or risk alienating your members. Which is what they are doing.

2. Thanks. :P

Archived