A needed option for PM popups..

Gabriel Petrelli

In IPB3 the PM popup is very messy whenever you receive a new message, it looks like a jumbled mess of letters and words, here is a few suggestions to tidy it up a bit:

1. Implement a character limit for PM popups, freely adjustable from the ACP.

2. Parse emoticons, BBcode, new lines, and line breaks in PM popups or at least add an option to enable/disable these formatting options.

Another thing is I spent over a month trying to figure out how to change the amount of images to be displayed on the board index for the hook Gallery images on index. I finally figured out that I needed to manually download and edit the hook file. Perhaps adding an option in the ACP for the Gallery to adjust this option for the hook is something to consider. :)

[quote name='Gabriel Petrelli' date='26 October 2009 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1256594351' post='1871905']
In IPB3 the PM popup is very messy whenever you receive a new message, it looks like a jumbled mess of letters and words, here is a few suggestions to tidy it up a bit:

1. Implement a character limit for PM popups, freely adjustable from the ACP.

2. Parse emoticons, BBcode, new lines, and line breaks in PM popups or at least add an option to enable/disable these formatting options.

Another thing is I spent over a month trying to figure out how to change the amount of images to be displayed on the board index for the hook Gallery images on index. I finally figured out that I needed to manually download and edit the hook file. Perhaps adding an option in the ACP for the Gallery to adjust this option for the hook is something to consider. :)

+1 :)

Archived