Alignment

gnm

This is the same post as israeli12 since I am him - used the wrong user...

When will the problem with the alignment to the right will be fixed?

Current version - V3.0.3

Example:

24l95d5.jpg

This happens in every theme (for example - Delicate which was downloaded frome the resource site) which is less than a 100% of the screen resolution.

I do expect IPB to find a solution.

Even in the main theme there is a problem:

When a user in inside a Topic and the Quick Reply field is enabled, there is a Horizontal scrollbar - only when I dissable the Quick reply option in the Forum settings the scrollbar dissapears...
Needless to say that I don't want it to be like that...

Thanks in advance.

Why do you keep blaming others when the problem is with the board?
I specified a few problems and some of them does not have anything to do with any third party but with the board!

And I guess that this skin that was downloaded also from the resource site is faulty, right?

2wqa4nk.jpg

[quote name='gnm' date='08 October 2009 - 09:04 AM' timestamp='1255007087' post='1864647']
I specified a few problems and some of them does not have anything to do with any third party but with the board!

And I guess that this skin that was downloaded also from the resource site is faulty, right?

It is a third party skin that was probably not designed to use rtl. Still the responsibility of the author of that skin to decide if they want to fix it or not.

[quote name='gnm' date='08 October 2009 - 09:04 AM' timestamp='1255007087' post='1864647']

2wqa4nk.jpg

Because IPS isn't making the third party skins, that's what the term 'third party' means. As I said, if the problem is with the board, and the skins that come with it, then you should report them as bugs in the tracker. If the problem only occurs with skins you install that are not made by IPS, it is up to the makers of those skins to fix them. That does include skins downloaded from the resources site, yes.

Currently, these are the default IPS skins for 3.0...

- IP.Board
- IP.Board 3 XML
- IP.Board Lo-Fi

More from IPS will be released in due course, but not yet.

Therefore, ANY OTHER skins are down to the responsibility of the skin author/creator as Michael has said... twice!

I don't think I recognise the first one you posted but I do recognise the second one. I'd have to dig around to see who/where that skin came from, but I assume you already know that.

As per your other thread...

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/296312-alignment/

...Brandon also told you there...

[quote name='bfarber']
2) You're using a custom skin, you should contact the skin author.

Well, I deleted the Hebrew translation for now because I have given up...
The url is:

i have both 2.3.6 & 3.0.3 installed

2.3.6 > www.gnm.co.il/forum > almost finished translating to Hebrew
3.0.3 > www.gnm.co.il/site > translating > but I stopped untill the bugs i mentioned will be resolved.

And I'm sorry, but I can't accept the answers that the problem with the skins are not IPS related because it happend with every skin I tried which was under 100% width while working under RTL.

I have talked to the guy incharge of Invision.co.il, and he says that he himself is wating for this bug to be fixed so he will be able to upgrade his Board as well.

Don't you find it odd that none of the Israeli Forums are using v3.0.3 (other than the default skins or 100% skins)?

Here are more exampels:

33ygh2v.jpg

kcj674.jpg

[quote name='gnm' date='09 October 2009 - 02:29 AM' timestamp='1255069761' post='1864878']
And I'm sorry, but I can't accept the answers that the problem with the skins are not IPS related because it happend with every skin I tried which was under 100% width while working under RTL.
IPS makes only the skins that come with the product. If the problem is with those skins (forget about any other skins now, ok?) that come with the software, then report those problems in the bug tracker. If there are problems you are seeing with skins that IPS doesn't make (stuff you download from the resources site or any other sites) and the problems are not the same as what you would see with the skins IPS makes, then yes, they are issues you need to address with the skin maker.

I can't make you accept this, but it's the truth. If you're not going to take this advice, then I can assure you the issues you're experiencing will never be resolved. I'm done trying to get this through to you.

I don't see ANY problem in http://www.gnm.co.il/site/Index.php ???

I'm using FF 3.5... On which skin, browser do you get the problem?

tell them to buy only quality skins, mine is by Evanescence I can't say they are totally bug-free on RTL board but you can alway tweak your ipb_style to get what you want.

Don't you find it odd that none of the Israeli Forums are using v3.0.3 (other than the default skins or 100% skins)?

Archived