Please, be more logical

tamplan

[quote name='Andrews8602' date='17 August 2009 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1250542321' post='1845281']
According to Brandon you can set it to one language. I took a look at your forum and it looks to be in Romanian. Why can you not just edit the titles in Manage Applications?

1. because is not in Romanian as you say, the entire board:
http://www.vesperala.com/forum/78-english-place/

2. because I have members that do not speak Romanian...

3. because I wish that :)

[quote name='tamplan' date='17 August 2009 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1250542491' post='1845284']
I don't understand, this is correct with my boards, the tab names are depending of the language's user.

look at the code of the page...you will see I changed as you suggest...

but...if you choose romanian and if you press NEW POSTS...red...
no, not working for those tabs...

[quote name='vesperala' date='17 August 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1250542674' post='1845287']
1. because is not in Romanian as you say, the entire board:
http://www.vesperala...-english-place/

2. because I have members that do not speak Romanian...

3. because I wish that :)

Ok. As he said it is not possible at current to have that in more than one language. I'm sure they will have it compatible in a future release.

In the mean time I would use the language that the majority of your members speaks.

[quote name='Andrews8602' date='18 August 2009 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1250542810' post='1845289']

In the mean time I would use the language that the majority of your members speaks.

yeap...majority speaks english

:)

but not my own mother. what would you do?

[quote name='Andrews8602' date='17 August 2009 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1250542810' post='1845289']
Ok. As he said it is not possible at current to have that in more than one language. I'm sure they will have it compatible in a future release.

This is false and not correct !!

Read this code:

static public function getAppTitle( $app )

{

if ( ! $app )

{

return '';

}

return isset( ipsRegistry::getClass('class_localization')->words[ $app . '_display_title' ] ) ?

ipsRegistry::getClass('class_localization')->words[ $app . '_display_title' ] :

( IN_ACP ? ipsRegistry::$applications[ $app ]['app_title'] : ipsRegistry::$applications[ $app ]['app_public_title'] );

}

So, Vesperala, I presume you must add some entries in the romanian language file core_public_global.php:

'blog_display_title' => "Blogs",

'calendar_display_title' => "Calendar",

'chat_display_title' => "Chat",

'downloads_display_title' => "Downloads",

'gallery_display_title' => "Gallery",

'portal_display_title' => "Portal",

So, Vesperala, I presume you must add some entries in the romanian language file core_public_global.php
no.
I know language files cannot be edited.

I added what they say on first page of the topic...
tabs are in Romanian now...those of first navigation...

but you see that picture of mine?
did you know what I am talking about?

:( sorry.

but no.
not working what I try to translate

'blog_display_title' => "Blogs",

'calendar_display_title' => "Calendar",

'chat_display_title' => "Chat",

'downloads_display_title' => "Downloads",

'gallery_display_title' => "Gallery",

'portal_display_title' => "Portal",

• Management

We are continuing to work toward full multi-lingual support in IPB3 and it gets better with each release. It's a simple fact that all of our staff only speaks English so we have only minimal ways of testing language issues. Therefore we rely on bug reports from those using other languages so we can address issues. It is an ongoing process and requires some patience.

Vesperala: As we have said, this is something we are looking into so app tabs can be multi-lingual along with the language packs. In the mean time we have no solution for you and posting about it over and over on the forums and in tickets will not make us magically come up with a solution :). I do not think the tabs being in English for a short time longer will cause your forum to explode into flames. Besides, we are talking about a couple lines of text out of the thousands in IPB. Yes, it was an oversight on our part, but not something we did to purposely make your life hard and it's something we will address.

My short-term suggestion would be to translate the tabs as "Forum / Foro" (example in Spanish) until a true multi-lingual fix is made. That way your visitors can still see the tabs in their own language and navigate your community.

There is a confirmed bug report about this open which I am sure we will look into in due time for the next release.

[quote name='Charles' date='18 August 2009 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1250544695' post='1845326']
Vesperala: As we have said, this is something we are looking into so app tabs can be multi-lingual along with the language packs. In the mean time we have no solution for you and post about it over and over on the forums and in tickets will not make us magically come up with a solution :). I do not think the tabs being in English for a short time longer will cause your forum to explode into flames.

so...first you say: open a ticket...
after that you THINK about my board... good to know...

few hours ago a member of your team BELIEVE something about.

:) so, things are better.

Ticket #595581

Hello,

It should go moderator->super admin(I believe it is)->board incoming address for the emails to go out. As in, it will go to moderators first, if there aren't any, super admins should receive emails and if there aren't any of those, it should go to the board incoming email address.

Thank you,
Josh Harris
Support Technician
Invision Power Services

i asked him for some details about his beliefs, I cannot find them... but I suppose I have to wait another 2 days.

Well, if my board will not explode into flames soon, I WILL. Because Romanian is NOT English, and I ask to translate since 2.3.0.

I have new errors today, I cried because of you few minutes ago, because I cannot stay 5 minutes in my ACP without another error, because I have 7 tickets opened and who cares? And I will explode into flames.
YOu said EVERITHING can be translated. I understood everything, not everything but

what app means? I suppose i should know. I don't. and i do not understand what you talk.

For the skin issue of 'active content', in 'activePostsView', search:

Hope this help, regards :thumbsup:

{$app['app_public_title']}

Replace twice by:

{IPSLib::getAppTitle($app['app_directory'])}

And for the skin issue of 'new content', in 'newPostsView', search:

{$app['app_public_title']}

Replace twice by:

{IPSLib::getAppTitle($app['app_directory'])}

I'll be brutally honest and say that when you are working with millions of lines of PHP code in a software project as big as IPB, it's extremely simple to overlook something as minor as a single tab not being translatable. It's really not intentional. We really don't want to start a war on the forums because a single tab can only be in one language. Honestly.

[quote name='tamplan' date='18 August 2009 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1250549132' post='1845380']
In the 'core_public_global.php ' language file, you must have:

Because "forums" and "members" are two applications of the IP.Board core and are not applications addons... :cool:

I have thempost-128036-125057746281_thumb.gif...
but this does not solve the problem

'discussion' => "Forums",

'tb_mlist' => "Members",

[quote name='bfarber' date='18 August 2009 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1250550892' post='1845393']
I'll be brutally honest and say that when you are working with millions of lines of PHP code in a software project as big as IPB, it's extremely simple to overlook something as minor as a single tab not being translatable.

something MINOR as someone elses language...thank you

please allow me to be " brutally honest" myself to tell you that I do not care if is important or not for you.

it is for me. LOOKS UGLY.

[quote name='vesperala' date='18 August 2009 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1250577602' post='1845511']
something MINOR as someone elses language...thank you

please allow me to be " brutally honest" myself to tell you that I do not care if is important or not for you.

it is for me. LOOKS UGLY.

Not being able to post a topic - that's a major issue.
Getting an SQL error when you try to view the board index - that's a major issue.

Having a string that displays that CAN be translated via one area of the ACP, but is not multi-lingual so it cannot be translated separately for each area - this is a "minor" issue when compared to everything else that can happen in IPB.

I'm sure when Microsoft releases their localized versions of Windows in other countries, when they get reports of single strings that are not translated, these are not categorized as level 5 critical bugs. Please take a moment to look at this in perspective. While it *impacts* you, I think you can agree that a single string out of several thousand that isn't multi-lingual is not an extremely serious issue. :)

Archived