Please, be more logical

tamplan

It is true that this is not logical, we have '\admin\applications':
- Core: the system kernel
- Forums: Forums
- Members: members

We have everything else in '\admin\applications_addon':
- In 'ips' for applications from IPS (calendar and portal the defaults applications but also blog, downloads, gallery ...)
- In 'other' for applications developed by other developers

In the core_public_global.php file, we have :

But absolutely nothing for the 2 applications 'forums' and 'members'.

It is also for this reason that 'Forums' and' Members' are always the first applications to be offered in the tabs, then come the other applications for which we can change the order.

Please move the 'forums' and 'members' applications by default in the '\admin\applications_addon\ips' folder like 'calendar' and 'portal'.

All this lack of consistency and it's not very user-friendly...

'blog_display_title' => "Blogs",

'calendar_display_title' => "Calendar",

'chat_display_title' => "Chat",

'downloads_display_title' => "Downloads",

'gallery_display_title' => "Gallery",

'portal_display_title' => "Portal",

• Management

It is as it should be because Core, Forums, and Members are not addon applications they are THE application :)

The combination of the IPB Core, Forums, and Members makes up IPB itself. It's illogical to move them to the addon applications as you cannot addon to nothing and without them there is nothing.

And what about the order for the tabs ?

If I choose to set 'IP.CCS' or the portal the default application, I prefer to have the corresponding tab completly on the right in my case... I must change this on each skins I have ?

Not really user-friendly, right ?

[quote name='Charles' date='13 August 2009 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1250197698' post='1843356']
Everything can be translated... this topic is not about translation. If you need help with learning how to translate just submit a support ticket and our staff can point you in the right direction :)

I am interested to know how to show the Gallery thumb-index for every languages installed on my forum.
Ex : In french : Galeries
When I choose english language : Gallery

Thank you :)

[quote name='tamplan' date='13 August 2009 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1250195684' post='1843326']
In the core_public_global.php file, we have :

But absolutely nothing for the 2 applications 'forums' and 'members'.

It is also for this reason that 'Forums' and' Members' are always the first applications to be offered in the tabs, then come the other applications for which we can change the order.

Please move the 'forums' and 'members' applications by default in the '\admin\applications_addon\ips' folder like 'calendar' and 'portal'.

All this lack of consistency and it's not very user-friendly...

I apologize, I thought that move the 2 applications solve different problems at once.

I opened this topic more to talk about the translation and removal of tabs

[quote name='Charles' date='13 August 2009 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1250197441' post='1843350']
Ordering of tabs is something we can look into for a future version but it doesn't have anything to do with your original post about where to store the files in the file system. That's what I was talking about :)

'calendar_display_title' => "Calendar",

'chat_display_title' => "Chat",

'downloads_display_title' => "Downloads",

'gallery_display_title' => "Gallery",

'portal_display_title' => "Portal",

[quote name='Zefdu31' date='13 August 2009 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1250198122' post='1843363']
I am interested to know how to show the Gallery thumb-index for every languages installed on my forum.
Ex : In french : Galeries
When I choose english language : Gallery

Thank you :)

You must add the following lines in In the core_public_global.php french file :

Hope this help :)

'calendar_display_title' => "Calendrier",

'chat_display_title' => "Tchache",

'downloads_display_title' => "Téléchargements",

'gallery_display_title' => "Galerie",

'portal_display_title' => "Portail",

[quote name='Charles' date='14 August 2009 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1250197698' post='1843356']
Everything can be translated... this topic is not about translation. If you need help with learning how to translate just submit a support ticket and our staff can point you in the right direction :)

:) so, one more ticket tonight. I thought you already have enough of them...
usually my number of tickets is 3-5. today just 2.

one more, if you say so.

and I hope they wont tell me that I cannot use it just in romanian or english, not both.
because I do wish both, that is the trouble. mine, at least.

an explanation here would be useful, for not opening hundreds with same subject each of us...

[quote name='tamplan' date='14 August 2009 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1250198377' post='1843367']
You must add the following lines in In the core_public_global.php french file :

Hope this help :)

am I wrong if I say wont work too long this?
as far as I know, in 3.0.0 was not working to edit files... that lines disappeared soon...

maybe is different in 3.0.2...but I am not sure

I will give a try too

:)

'calendar_display_title' => "Calendrier",

'chat_display_title' => "Tchache",

'downloads_display_title' => "Téléchargements",

'gallery_display_title' => "Galerie",

'portal_display_title' => "Portail",

[quote name='Charles' date='14 August 2009 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1250197698' post='1843356']

yeap.
a perfectly useless ticket, to tell me 3 days later that I cannot and that no, not everything can be translated.

you are wrong, for the first time I see you can be wrong.
Ticket #594716

Hello,

Like Jason said, those tabs are pulled from the application's title, which you can specify in the ACP, as it does not pull from the same language strings. Unfortunately this means it can only be in one language, the one you specify for it within Manage Applications.

Fortunately, there's a confirmed bug report out there which, when fixed, will have those tabs pull from the x_display_title language strings, like the main tabs up in the navigation bar.

Thanks,
Brandon D
Invision Power Services

so...we must wait, is we like it or not.
who cares my members are not english speakers...

Archived