Application Link Order

austinreefclub

Under "Manage Applications & Modules" I think it should be possible to order the links regardless of their category. Please consider adding the ability to reorder like this for a future release. My desired order would be:

CCS | Forums | Blog | Gallery | Members | Calendar | Subscriptions

Kindest Regards,

Andrew

There should be a system which enable most members to edit menu tab name and reorder them.
Currently it is hidden deep into the code and not easy to find - not at all
Many members have been asking for this feature and I think it will get much support

best
Arne

Guys,

ability to reorder these links is in ACP since i can remember.

Before:

After:

How to do this? Simply. Go to the Applications Management and use drag-and-drop! :)

Of course there is some restrictions, but i hope this will be fine for you. :)

I am aware of the drag and drop interface and I think it is great, but with the current architecture it is not possible to have CCS first, or Gallery/Blogs before members/calendar. I like the categorization but would like to be able to override it for a more logical placement of the applications.

• 1 month later...

I do agree with the users about the fact the drag and drop feature to re-order the links should encompass ALL the applications, and not have a category trump another.

However, with a few tweeks to the global template you can make this happen.

(Done on the Default skin, should apply to all 3.x skins.)

Load up your Admin panel
Go to the "Look & Feel" section
Click corrisponding template's menu arrow
Click "Manage Templates & CSS"
Go to "Global Template" section (if not already loaded up)
Click "globalTemplate"
Locate

To make sure we don't show the CCS tab twice.

Rinse, lather, repeat for other other applications you with to trump the system's links.

Hope this helps.

<div id='primary_nav'>

Directory Below should be a block that looks like this:

<ul>

<if test="showhomeurl:|:$this->settings['home_url']">

<li id='nav_home' class='left'><a href='{$this->settings['home_url']}' title='{$this->lang->words['homepage_title']}' rel="home">{$this->settings['home_name']}</a></li>

</if>

{parse variable="forumActive" default="" oncondition="IPS_APP_COMPONENT == 'forums'" value="active"}

{parse variable="membersActive" default="" oncondition="IPS_APP_COMPONENT == 'members'" value="active"}

{parse variable="helpActive" default="" oncondition="IPS_APP_COMPONENT == 'core' AND $this->request['module'] == 'help'" value="active"}

<if test="!ipsRegistry::$applications['forums']['app_hide_tab']"><li id='nav_discussion' class='left {parse variable="forumActive"}'><a href='{parse url="act=idx" seotitle="false" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['go_to_discussion']}'>{$this->lang->words['discussion']}</a></li></if>

<if test="!ipsRegistry::$applications['members']['app_hide_tab']"><li id='nav_members' class='left {parse variable="membersActive"}'><a href='{parse url="app=members&amp;section=view&amp;module=list" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['go_to_memberlist']}'>{$this->lang->words['tb_mlist']}</a></li></if>

<if test="applicationsloop:|:is_array($header_items['applications']) AND count($header_items['applications'])">

<foreach loop="applications:$header_items['applications'] as $data">

<if test="showingapp:|:$data['app_show']">

{parse variable="appActive" default="" oncondition="$data['app_active']" value="active"}

<li id='nav_app_{$data['app_dir']}' class="left {parse variable="appActive"}"><a href='{parse url="app={$data['app_dir']}" seotitle="false" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['go_to_prefix']}{IPSLib::getAppTitle( $data['app_dir'] )}'>{IPSLib::getAppTitle( $data['app_dir'] )}</a></li>

</if>

</foreach>

</if>

</ul>

Simply Copy & Paste

<if test="applicationsloop:|:is_array($header_items['applications']) AND count($header_items['applications'])">

<foreach loop="applications:$header_items['applications'] as $data">

{parse variable="appActive" default="" oncondition="$data['app_active']" value="active"}

<li id='nav_app_{$data['app_dir']}' class="left {parse variable="appActive"}"><a href='{parse url="app={$data['app_dir']}" seotitle="false" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['go_to_prefix']}{IPSLib::getAppTitle( $data['app_dir'] )}'>{IPSLib::getAppTitle( $data['app_dir'] )}</a></li>

</if>

</foreach>

</if>

Paste the block under

<if test="showhomeurl:|:$this->settings['home_url']">

<li id='nav_home' class='left'><a href='{$this->settings['home_url']}' title='{$this->lang->words['homepage_title']}' rel="home">{$this->settings['home_name']}</a></li>

</if>

Replace

With (Replace <Your CCS's Public Title> with your CCS's public title, and without the <> symbols)

<if test="showingapp:|:$data['app_show'] AND $data['app_title'] == '<Your CCSs Public Title>'">

And back on the original code block that we copy and pasted from... 

Replace 

With

<if test="showingapp:|:$data['app_show'] AND $data['app_title'] != '<Your CCSs Public Title>'">

Archived