Sorry, no new content found...

Teddy Rogers

For a long, long, long time (version IPB2+ onwards) I have had the problem of "new content" not always showing up everything or anything when I click through to read new topics and posts that have been created from when I last visited the board. I read in IPB3 all this was to be redone to improve/fix this problem and also make it better when logging in from different machines (like at home or work for example). You can imagine my disappointment this morning when I checked my board and I had a number of new topics and posts but when clicking "new content" all I got was, "Sorry, no new content found."

So whats the deal, when is this ever going to be fixed fully because it is the most annoying and frustrating feature in IPB that has never worked properly since day dot?

Ted.

Just for the record, IPB 3.0.0 did change the new content functionality, but enough people complained about it that the old functionality was restored in 3.0.1. You can go to your settings to change it back to the 3.0.0 option.

[quote name='Teddy Rogers' date='19 July 2009 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1248049463' post='1829196']
For a long, long, long time (version IPB2+ onwards) I have had the problem of "new content" not always showing up everything or anything when I click through to read new topics and posts that have been created from when I last visited the board. I read in IPB3 all this was to be redone to improve/fix this problem and also make it better when logging in from different machines (like at home or work for example). You can imagine my disappointment this morning when I checked my board and I had a number of new topics and posts but when clicking "new content" all I got was, "Sorry, no new content found."

So whats the deal, when is this ever going to be fixed fully because it is the most annoying and frustrating feature in IPB that has never worked properly since day dot?

Ted.

Same thing happens on my 3.0 forum, and if I click on view new content again, the new content will then show up. I submitted a ticket and they said they were aware of the issue.

There is already a bug report filed started by someone else. It seems I am not the only person to have the issue, a few others have reported it. It could be that the personal option on viewing new content since last visit or unread content is just a settings issue but I had been offline for quite some time before coming back which, is what the configuration was set for...

Ted.

Archived