Feature Suggestion: New users, posts, stats block/hook

Sport Twin

I realize that there newest member and who's online is listed at the bottom of the page, with a large forum that's kind of a pain to check every time...and it's lacking information I'd like to see.

I'd like a block/hook that shows the following:

1. New users today. Maybe be able to set a limit for really busy forums. I get about 5-10 per day so no big deal to me.
2. New posts...not just the latest thread/topic like you see now but replies, etc.
3. The rest of the board stats... total users, total posts, etc

Just a thought.

[quote name='Sport Twin' date='10 July 2009 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1247236324' post='1823895']
I realize that there newest member and who's online is listed at the bottom of the page, with a large forum that's kind of a pain to check every time...and it's lacking information I'd like to see.

I'd like a block/hook that shows the following:

1. New users today. Maybe be able to set a limit for really busy forums. I get about 5-10 per day so no big deal to me.
2. New posts...not just the latest thread/topic like you see now but replies, etc.
3. The rest of the board stats... total users, total posts, etc

Just a thought.

I did just see a hook that limits #'s of registrations per day (although, to be honest, I'm not sure why boards would want to implement this?)

Can't remember where I saw it, but I imagine it will be on most of the download mod sites (including here) before long. I do agree with the need for more stat-oriented hooks. I had one for my 2.2.2 board that showed # of registered users online today and that's one I would like duplicated for 3.0.

[quote name='twinspin' date='12 July 2009 - 09:06 AM' timestamp='1247411167' post='1824874']
I did just see a hook that limits #'s of registrations per day (although, to be honest, I'm not sure why boards would want to implement this?)

I confused you by not being clear. What I meant by limits is by showing how many new registrants would be shown in a box ...so IF you had really busy forums that had, let's say, 50 new members per day you could limit to say...the last 10 or 25 that signed up so the box would not get too long.

I also can't imagine wanting to limit signups on a forum.

[quote name='twinspin' date='12 July 2009 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1247411167' post='1824874']

It is to make a forum more attracting, people who would not get regged on one day would die to get regged tomorrow wondering all day what so cool in there that they keep a limit :D

Have a look at some of the hooks available:

http://www.invisionmodding.com/index.php?showtopic=32491

http://www.invisionmodding.com/index.php?showtopic=39470

http://www.invisionmodding.com/index.php?showtopic=39606

Those might interest you :).

[quote name='Maxxius' date='12 July 2009 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1247424512' post='1824992']
It is to make a forum more attracting, people who would not get regged on one day would die to get regged tomorrow wondering all day what so cool in there that they keep a limit :D

Riiiiight.... I think most adults will just be aggravated and move on to another site. Turning potential members away is pretty asinine in my opinion.

[quote name='Sport Twin' date='12 July 2009 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1247426475' post='1825008']
Riiiiight.... I think most adults will just be aggravated and move on to another site. Turning potential members away is pretty asinine in my opinion.

I agree. I wouldn't waste my time coming back to a site that implemented such a system.

..Al

Archived