Viewing active topics and new posts

DaLiV

[quote name="IPB help topics"]You can view which new topics have new replies today by clicking on the 'Today's Active Topics' link found at the bottom of the main board page (the first page you see when visiting the board). You can set your own date criteria, choosing to view all topics with new replies during several date choices.
where ?

That's in version 2 not version 3.

However in version 3 you can get "Today's active content" by clicking on its link at the bottom of the forum view page. Not quite as user friendly as before but at least it's there. The old option had a drop down where you could select today, this week and a few other options.

3DKiwi

The Bug Tracker Hotlink above just takes me to another instance of this board

This VIEW NEW CONTENT feature is so buggy that it is the TOP PRIORITY that you need to fix. It's driving people away from my community and making them miss the most important new posts and responses to new posts.

We are at a standstill.

you need to replace the logic in this feature with the logic from the previous board and do it fast. This is really hurting your rep with our community. I've already got so many requests to go back, its sad. And We can't go back.

Please fix this asap. I've never had any trouble with this board software in the past and I'm really dismayed that you released this with so many problems.

http://resources.invisionpower.com/index.php?appcomponent=cms&module=articles&article=7666

You will need to be identified as an active customer to view it, though.

[That will revert the functionality to what it was in 2.x.)

[quote name='Glock36' date='07 July 2009 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1247008937' post='1822057']
The Bug Tracker Hotlink above just takes me to another instance of this board
Try this link instead: http://forums.invisionpower.com/tracker/

It's not "broken" so it doesn't need to be "fixed".

Some want it the way it is now, some want the view new posts to work how it used to. We are looking into ways to please both crowds, but you can't really classify the current functionality as a bug, given that it works how we intended it to (for the most part).

yea, I edited the code as instructed with your neat new editor in the Admin CP and it works like it used to now.

Perhaps you can figure out a way to give the option in the admin cp somewhere, but obviously that would be a pain since it would have to be changed in any and all skins used.

Looks like the only solution is the one you offer, tell us how to manually change the code in the skins.

That works for me.

Thanks.

Archived