mouse hover over threads

iCER7

That will not be in 3.0.0. It's been requested before, and the consensus is that it serves no purpose. You can't possibly get a "summary" of a topic simply by viewing the first x number of characters of the first post of the entire topic.

I'm sure someone will make such a mod though.

there are mods for this, but the mod shows the entire first post. Someone needs to modify that code to make it maybe truncate to 150 char of the first post or something similar. also so the mod comes into effect after the mouse has hovered over the link for 2 seconds instead of instantly. <-- this would be a great mod then.

[quote name='iCER7' date='22 June 2009 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1245727751' post='1812770']
also so the mod comes into effect after the mouse has hovered over the link for 2 seconds instead of instantly. <-- this would be a great mod then.

That mod annoys me as it is, but when it's instantaneous, oh geez that just goes overboard. Lemme move my mouse around without assuming anything by its location for a change. Gosh.

Of course, the most annoying mod ever is the one where a small in-window pop-up prompts you to either log-in or register for an account.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived