How to take backup & restore Database

I dont have access to Shell for my hosting can anybody help me how to backup my database & restore without using Shell.
when i import from phpMy Admin n restore them, im able to restore only partial data , ie., i cant restore the table completely

If you have phpMyAdmin, I assume you also have cPanel or its equivalent? If so, backup through cPanel's "Backup" section.

And are you restoring the entire database?

If so, go to phpMyAdmin and DROP all the tables first, then Import your backup. (IMPORTANT: This assumes you backed up the Table Names with the data in the first place. cPanel's method does.)

There's a size limit for a restore from within phpMyAdmin, too, but I don't remember what it is. Someone else should know.

If you're over that limit and don't have SSH or cPanel, I'm not sure how you'd it.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been quite some time since I have used any control panels or phpmyadmin, but if you have limits on how big of a sql file you are able to execute, what you could do is run a MySQL server on your own computer, then import your backup into it and then dump the large tables individually and restore them like that. It may be a pain depending on how large your database is, but you shouldn't have to be restoring a database very often.

Archived