Condense Topic Poll and the Attachment area on the New Topic/Add Reply screen?

sparc

With the Manage topic Poll section and the Attachment area, the length of the page has gotten pretty long.

I now i have to scroll down just to get to the "Add Reply" button.

Personally i think this could be condensed down a little more so they aren't taking up so much screen real estate.

Most times i don't ever use either of those options. I write a once sentence reply and click add reply. So having it take up all that space seems rather user unfriendly.

just a thought...

i was thinking something like the attached image. I don't profess to be a skinner, just throwing out some ideas.

Trims about 20% off the page without really losing anything. Doesn't even remove the bar with the one little twitter bbcode on it.

and i'm sure someone who is a skinner could probably do it better.

You know what I'd love to see that would accomplish this too? A slide out "panel". e.g. imagine like the board index side panel, but closed by default. Just a small arrow on the side of the posting screen. When you click it, it can slide out with the poll, attachment and "other posting options" boxes.

90% of topics will just have the title/description and post field that way, which is what most people use. But then the other data is there for those that need/use it. Like you, just tossing out ideas. One downside to that idea is that it becomes trickier inserting attachments into the post area with that method.

[quote name='bfarber' date='13 May 2009 - 09:11 AM' timestamp='1242223890' post='1801328']
You know what I'd love to see that would accomplish this too? A slide out "panel". e.g. imagine like the board index side panel, but closed by default. Just a small arrow on the side of the posting screen. When you click it, it can slide out with the poll, attachment and "other posting options" boxes.

Considering how well the panel works on the board index, it should work just as well in the new topic/add reply screen.

Archived