IPB3 release?

Guest benbramz

I know asking this kind of question whist a product is in devlopment is hard to give an answer to, but on my board we're about to start some major script / skin enhancements.

Of course, we dont want to invest 'x' amount o time to need to re-write our code to fit with the new version, so i ask so we can perhaps postpone our development till the new version is out (in beta or full release)

Also, will the beta version be encoded like most IPS products in beta stage? If so, will there be enough un-encoded code for us developers to see?

Thanks guys.

Well they said quarter four and they even originally said "maybe sooner". But since quarter four in the calendar year starts in less than 2 months and there has been no beta and judging by how slow/fast last processes were I would certainly doubt it will be sooner. I am guessing not until November or December.

Well they said quarter four and they even originally said "maybe sooner". But since quarter four in the calendar year starts in less than 2 months and there has been no beta and judging by how slow/fast last processes were I would certainly doubt it will be sooner. I am guessing not until November or December.

They are actually going through it extremely quickly ;) I've been quite surprised at how quick its been moving along. And for all you know, there could already be private betas around :)

cinek, they are focusing on getting a final release out before the end of Q4, not betas :)

They are actually going through it extremely quickly ;) I've been quite surprised at how quick its been moving along. And for all you know, there could already be private betas around :)

cinek, they are focusing on getting a final release out before the end of Q4, not betas :)

Who are the main developers on IPB 3 ? :P

Final should be out before the end of the year - that is what is meant by due date of Q4. Quarter 4, for those of you confused by the term, means October - December. That is, October 1 through December 31st. That doesn't mean "by" Q4 either, but rather by the end of Q4 we should have a final release. ;)

And since this is about the 1 billionth time this has been asked I'm going to close this and post a pinned topic.

Archived