Tickets

Guest Gärrett

Last night I submitted a ticket regarding my account, as I'd like it merged with another one (I just acquired an IPB/IP.Blog license, and want it all in one account.) I got a response saying that my e-mail couldn't be found, and replied with this account's member #...

How long does it generally take to get an account merge done?

Yeah, from what I remember back from my perpetual license, the support was great.

However, the fact that I'll get a reply, answer it within minutes, and then have to wait hours for the next response is rather disappointing. I'm not sure how you guys handle the tickets, but if it's just one person that does this, then I suppose it's understandable. Otherwise, it sure seems like the quality support I used to know and love is gone. :(

• Management

I can understand and appreciate that you're anxious to get your new licenses merged. Please bear in mind though that this isn't a technical support request and it's a bit unfair to judge it as such. As with anything, account requests are often prioritized. Obviously login issues, billing issues, etc. come before convenience requests (eg. account merges.) We'd kindly ask that you remain patient just a little bit longer - if your request hasn't been completed already, it will be as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.

I have no problem waiting, as it is definitely worth waiting for. I'd still like to know how long it usually takes though.

• Management

Typically less than 24 hours. It's not a terribly complicated task, but sometimes we need additional information for verification purposes and the process does drag out a bit longer than expected at times. If it's not done for you by tomorrow, please send me a PM with the ticket number - I'll be happy to assist!

Well tickets can take anything up to 3 days I think. Depending on your license (standard/business). However, the tickets are normally taken care of in a much more timely manor! Usually a few hours in my experience.

Didn't see Lindy note this so I just wanted to offer a slight correction here.

Some issues naturally take longer than others (especially if you have something that needs to be addressed by senior technical support or management), but our stated service time for a Standard license is 48 hours. :)

Didn't see Lindy note this so I just wanted to offer a slight correction here.

Some issues naturally take longer than others (especially if you have something that needs to be addressed by senior technical support or management), but our

stated service time

for a Standard license is 48 hours. :)

Thanks. :)

Just to clarify, does that mean 48 hours for a response, or 48 hours until the issue is resolved?

It's impossible to guarantee a resolution time frame, but most tickets are resolved with the first response. When they aren't, it's usually because we need more information, and they're resolved on the second response.

Our average is much much quicker than 48 hours, but that is our guarantee. :)

We're working on this Garrett -- your request isn't quite as simple as clicking a button afterall and requires a database edit since you were not a customer previously.

I'm not aware of how Nexus works, but I had assumed that the e-mail address and such could just be edited. Sorry if I had come across like I was more important than other tickets or whatnot, although I hope you understand where I was coming from getting responses within hours in the past with a perpetual license, and this taking nearly two days.

This has been completed.

Thanks! :D

• Management

Ordinarily it wouldn't have taken so long, but because you had a forum account and not a customer account, then acquired a customer account but wanted to use your old details on your new account (I think I confused myself!) It took a bit longer than usual. I understand from your perspective it seemed to take longer than you're used to. I suppose we should have communicated there was no magic "make it happen" button this time, unfortunately. :)

Glad everything is sorted now!

In last two weeks I've sent two different support tickets. First one was a question for sales department to which Debbie answered in less than half an hour. Of course it didn't require any touching of database or such, but still it needed to be read and answered.

The other was upgrade request of my IP.board and IP.blog. The board is very small at the moment, but still... I received the automatic notice that my ticket has been received at 4.22 and already 4.51 a message from Jason that the upgrade has been done!!

At both times I've been really stunned of the speed! Just to tell that it does certainly very often take much less than 48 hours.

Archived