Great IPB!

Guest Why-Fi

Well..community forum software yes.. :P

I agree.

And I think I will afford enough to buy it, as long as I get a little part time job. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I would also like to know the requirements of these forums and how to install them (after buying). ;)

Whoa... Where am I going to find a host compatible with php or MySQL??? :o

They have to be compatible with PHP and MySQL... also... you're on one now. IPS provides hosting, which, incidentally comes with a free (albeit limited) IPB license.

We're not actually allowed to give names of any other hosting companies, but Google is your friend.

That will be sooome trouble...

And I can't use the IPS host before I want to get the full featured IPB forum, not the limited one that comes with the IPS host. <_<

IPS hosting is good (I have a full licence and host with them plus my board is modded), so all you need is money for the licence (cos you will have to pay for hosting anyway) plus support is ace and they will install your board for you :)

You can still skin / style an encrypted board :) .... I run two boards, one a standard un-encrypted one and an encrypted one (on IPS Hosting)

Don`t forget, some mods will work (components etc) , basically anything that does not involve source file edits.

If purchasing a license is too much at the moment, consider a hosted solution (as posted above) , You can always upgrade / purchase a separate license later :)

For the official answers from an IPS staff member, I recommend you contact them directly ( sales@invisionpower.com) , or follow this link > http://www.invisionpower.com/corporate/contact.html

No, my "friend" Google found me a great host that supports both MySQL and PHP. I can afford for the forums now. I just don't know how to install the forums once I get them... :blush:

IPS will install it for you if you ask them :)

Archived