[Suggestion] Reply without bump

Guest Luke

When posting have the ability to not bump the topic.

Of course you wouldn't want someone to reply to a topic with spam and not be caught, so for moderators that topic would be bumped with an indicator saying that it was not bumped (if date varies between bumped and last post), and for members it would not be bumped.

And last, naturally, have a group permission to what groups can use this feature.

Bump without a reply? I could see it as useful for the forum staff, but for members... that could be abused severely :ermm:

Yeah, I would not use such a feature either, as I could definitely see it being abused. If something needs to be bumped periodiocally because it's important, than it should be pinned to the top of the forum. If it's a user's post, I don't care if they bump it infrequently (especially in for-sale/wanted type forums) with a new post. Anything beyond that gets annoying.

..Al

When posting have the ability to not bump the topic.

Of course you wouldn't want someone to reply to a topic with spam and not be caught, so for moderators that topic would be bumped with an indicator saying that it was not bumped (if date varies between bumped and last post), and for members it would not be bumped.

And last, naturally, have a group permission to what groups can use this feature.

Isn't this just essentially displaying the topics in chronological order?

Archived