Upgrades

Guest TestingSomething

I really wish IPS would keep track of file changes and put a file difference report along with upgrades. It used to be done and now it isn't kept track of apparently. this upgrade wasn't such a killer, but file comparison software was not working well for me on this upgrade becuase I guess something threw off line numbers so the entire files were shown as changed when really not much was changed in them. So I had to put modifications back in. And to top that off I had already patched a lot of things, but since there was no difference report for the files I could not assume I had the files all updated.

The upgrade packs are at least quite convenient, but it could have been even quicker to upgrade.

Thanks. :)

I would disagree that the file diff reports we release would have been quicker than the upgrade pack, but I've already stated I'm checking to see if we can get a diff report file generated.

No, we do NOT keep track of file changes (that would be ludicrous). Instead, we use subversion to generate a report of the file changes between versions.

this upgrade wasn't such a killer, but file comparison software was not working well for me on this upgrade becuase I guess something threw off line numbers so the entire files were shown as changed when really not much was changed in them. So I had to put modifications back in. And to top that off I had already patched a lot of things, but since there was no difference report for the files I could not assume I had the files all updated.

Sounds like you need a better file comparison application if a shift in line numbers was all that was required to flag the entire file as changed.

Archived