[Suggestions] FB & Max. image size

Guest Matt Marshall

I can't say I own an IP Board anymore, but more from using these forums I have two small ideas for improvements.

1. Facebook ID links in My Profiles, and perhaps to stay with the times, is ICQ still needed as default?

2. Maximum image dimensions when posting in topics - I know uploaded images are automatically adjusted, but why can't posted ones be too? 'Tis annoying having to create a thumbnail image in topics like "Share your desktop", or have someone else post one full size further down.

Regards,

Matt

2. Maximum image dimensions when posting in topics - I know uploaded images are automatically adjusted, but why can't posted ones be too? 'Tis annoying having to create a thumbnail image in topics like "Share your desktop", or have someone else post one full size further down.

That's already standard.

You can't automatically make thumbnails of remote images - it's not possible without downloading that remote image to the server and making the thumbnail, which is a waste of diskspace, bandwidth, and isn't what the poster intended to do obviously.

Thus, we've created a pseudo-thumbnailing process that mimics creating thumbnails when the image is a linked image. The image must fully load to grab the sizes, like .Garret said, but it's really about the best you can do.

As for #1, personally I'd just like those fields to be fully configurable in the ACP rather than us defining which ones are there.

Archived