Feature Request: Message tracking page

Guest Artefaqs Corporation

A few of my users are asking for this feature to be added either to Profile page or to the My Controls:

I'd personally get a lot of use from a feature that would allow me to flag specific topics that would then show up on a (member-unique) new-posts screen separate from the general new-posts screen - maybe a screen I could access under "My Assistant". I'd probably still most frequently check the general new-posts screen when checking the forum, but it would be great to also be able to check quickly for any new posts on a subset of "favorite" topics. (Sometimes I miss posts on topics that aren't very active but are important to me, and sometimes I'm interested in following just a handful of active topics without searching through the list of new posts on other active topics.)

Although a good amount of tracking can be done with the e-mail subscriptions, they would rather be able to flag messages they like and view them on a single page because they may not always be able to access e-mail subscriptions (on a public terminal, or away from the office, or in an office that doesn't allow forum subscriptions on company e-mail system while also not allowing webmail access for security reasons)

If you "subscribe" to a topic, you can select "none" for the notification type. Then go to My Controls -> View Topics and you can see if there are new posts by looking at the topic icon (just like in a regular forum). This sounds like what they are looking for (and it's already available).

Wow I never knew that! Perhaps when the user control panel is re-worked it could be more easily accessible? Perhaps on the main page like recently read topics?

Also instead of saying none, how about something a little clearer that would indicate it is tracking, it's just not providing notification.

Also it would be neat to be able to "flag" a topic from topic list view and have an icon so it's obvious you still have it tracking under that view. Maybe even "pin" the topic below the pinned topics in a "flagged" section.

Neat to know it's there, now, but it's not as obvious, and could use a bit more refinements :)

Archived