Problem With IPB Demo

Guest General^L

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I cant see anywhere else to ask for help. I started the demo about 4 hours ago and occasonally it would ask me to log in again because my IP address couldn't be verified. About 30 mins ago it has stopped letting me log in altogether, I can't access the Admin CP because when I log in it takes me back to the log in screen again, and when I try to log onto the forums then it takes me back to the main page as a guest. Is it a problem with the demo, the software, or am I cursed :lol: . Thanks for any help / advice you can give me!

• Management

Hello,

Sorry for any inconvenience. If you wouldn't mind, your best course of action is to contact sales@invisionpower.com. Unfortunately, those who handle the demo rarely have the time to frequent the forums as helpdesk tickets, e-mail and phone are our primary modes of communication with customers.

Thank you.

The software has a security feature built into the ACP that will reset your session if your IP address changes during the session. This prevents someone from obtaining your ACP session id (i.e. through a packet sniffer on a public network, or via a link you send them, etc.) and being able to get straight into your ACP - since the IP address has changed, the session is reset and you're asked to login again. Sounds like this may have been happening for you.

Once you purchase the software, this can be turned off if your IP address regularly changes (a setting in one of the PHP files can be set to No, however the PHP files are obviously not available during the demo).

Archived