[Suggestion] Include 'Forums I moderate' in profile

Guest W13

It'd be nice to see a list of forums somebody moderates (if they aren't a global moderator) in their profile.

Also- the 'forum led by' list is probably best suited for INSIDE the forum (at the bottom somewhere).

See here's the thing for me.... I don't use "forum moderators", we only have "super moderators". Why? Because it wasn't efficient to have people moderate specific forums because they would read other forums, see a problem, and report it because they couldn't do anything about it. If we give any assignments at all, they are rather "loose assignments", like "I would like you to look after this forum".

If you really have the need, make a profile plugin :)

I too would love to see these suggestions added, especially the second one.

See here's the thing for me.... I don't use "forum moderators", we only have "super moderators". Why? Because it wasn't efficient to have people moderate specific forums because they would read other forums, see a problem, and report it because they couldn't do anything about it. If we give any assignments at all, they are rather "loose assignments", like "I would like you to look after this forum".

So? Just because you wouldn't use this feature doesn't mean that other people wouldn't profit from it...

The same thing can be said about every feature suggestion. Yes it would be "useful" but as many have said in other threads "it would be good as a mod". Especially this one because you can do it with zero modification.

I don't think such a feature would make sense as a profile tab, because for 99% of the users it would be empty. It'd be much better to show this information somewhere on the page, where it can be seen immediately.

Also, as far as I can tell, the second suggestion would require modifications to the sources, MySQL queries and templates.

And while we're on the topic of moderators: If someone moderates a forum, he also should be moderator of all its subforums.

Not necessarily... but I see your point though.

Perhaps if there was a setting per forum "Inherit Forum Moderators from Parent". :-)

Archived