Why The Wait?

Guest Tmod

I purchased IPB today and I have yet to be able to download the files, In the customer area it says that it has been paid.

I see no reason why in todays world with everything automated that the purchaser has to wait to get something that they bought when it was a electronic purchase.

When I purchased vBulletin I had the files as soon as I completed the transaction.

So what gives?

Tmod

How long does this normally take?

Will I end up waiting until Monday to get this done?

There is nothing a Human can do to make sure that the payment is legit that a computer cannot do.

All of the information is sent electronically anyway.

Tmod

Well I suppose that's a matter of opinion... due to the number of fraudulent orders we've had we decided this was the best way to proceed. Generally there are some checks done during the weekend, however the department doesn't fully reopen until Monday. Hopefully someone can get it approved for you shortly. :)

The only thing to do is rest assured knowing that you will get it

eventually

, and that it is definitely worth the wait. ;)

Your use of the word eventually doesn't really do a lot to inspire confidence in a new purchaser.

My point here is that with all the information they ask when you purchase this product they have enough to electronically verify that the card is legit.

All of the places that I have purchased software on the internet I have never had to wait for someone to verify that the card information is correct.

Any computer can compare information that was given to actually what is legit.

This is just my $.02.

Tmod

We can verify the card is legit, however we cannot verify that it's not stolen, for example. :) A human reviewing the order can take suspicions into account when noticing mismatching addresses and so on.

In any event, I do apologize about the wait, however as was stated orders are approved manually.

Moving to the feedback forum

We can verify the card is legit, however we cannot verify that it's not stolen, for example. :) A human reviewing the order can take suspicions into account when noticing mismatching addresses and so on.

In any event, I do apologize about the wait, however as was stated orders are approved manually.

Moving to the feedback forum

Ok so the person enters the information and the computer matches the address entered with the address for the card and other pertinent information that you select to check and if it is legit approve it, If it doesn't match it then hold it for Human review.

Who do I contact to cancel my order then?

Tmod

Some people are just impatient. Like me for example. I want IP Dynamic "yesterday" but on the other hand I am prepared to wait for payment security check. Not that the world will stop to spin if you wait a day or two. :rolleyes:

Some people are just impatient. Like me for example. I want IP Dynamic "yesterday" but on the other hand I am prepared to wait for payment security check. Not that the world will stop to spin if you wait a day or two. :rolleyes:

Well I am happy to hear that you are willing to wait for a security check, However that is not my point if you read my posts.

Explain how a Human can match a address that a computer cannot?

It just doesn't make any sense in what they are saying, That the information entered during purchase cannot be matched electronically.

They say the Human can look for something suspicious, Well either it matches or it doesn't.

The Human can't use any more information then that which is given to them, As the computer can't.

Other company's can do it why can't this one?

Tmod

That is simple in my case. I use my personal data for my account but I did use my wifes credit card (minimal amount of usd on the card for safety reasons) for this purchase. I guess the machine would say that I didn't make the purchasue since the credit card info and account info are not the same while the human can verify that. It is one tipical example.

Also note that with machine processing any sale is final!

That is simple in my case. I use my personal data for my account but I did use my wifes credit card (minimal amount of usd on the card for safety reasons) for this purchase. I guess the machine would say that I didn't make the purchasue since the credit card info and account info are not the same while the human can verify that. It is one tipical example.

Also note that with machine processing any sale is final!

Well in that particular case then fine have it researched but that is not my case.

Everything matched in my purchase.

I don't have a problem with a sale being final, There are other ways to handle a sale using a credit card that you are not happy with or that you haven't received.

Tmod

I haven't placed an order with IPS recently, so i thought i'd ask.....Is there some sort of posted time frame that orders process for new customers?

Perhaps an order confirmation screen with that information? or something in the text when someone is placing the order? or on the receipt?

seems like this topic comes up a lot

Well, it states clearly in the standards of service that they "review all orders to protect both you and us from fraudulent transactions. This means that there is sometimes a delay in processing your order (up to one business day) however during business hours expect a one hour activation time. Feel free to contact customer support for order status."

Order Fraud Checks are done using these methods. I don't know if IPS does these methods but here are some of them.

IP Matching = If the card is registered to someone in the United States then how come it is being used in Russia.
The key to an accurate score is the IP address where the order originated from. The IP address can then be used to compare against the location of the billing address and BIN address.

Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode = Addiotnal Fee for IPS but the transaction talks directly to the bank to get the details of the card holder to compare with what the purchases gave to them. If something doesn't add up it will ask the consumer to enter a PIN number that you have on file with your bank on the visa.com or mastercard.com website.

Name Matching = If the e-mail address is tom@gmail.com then how come the name on the card John Appleseed. A common sense one in the industry.

Authorize.Net Fraud Check = Additional Fee for IPS but when this does checks with a database on Authorize.Net and see if their are any fraud cards. Usually this list is updated faster then the bank.

Phone Call = Calls to verify the order.

Human = It is up to the person at the computer to verify the order at the end of the line. If something doesn't feel right they will probably just deny the order but very unlikely to happen.

We do have automated processes in place, don't get me wrong. It does all the address checking, IP checking, etc. and so on, and assigns a fraud potential score. We used to have a lot of fraudulent orders, so I believe Nexus order approving had to be strengthened to cut down on that. It may be a slight inconvenience when you first make your purchase, but it helps to keep costs as low as possible, as well.

Tmod
I work in retail and it is best to not just take the payment as an end all of all. You sometimes get people who will dispute the charge so they don't have to pay for it.

Also you cant rely on a computer. Our who inventory is on a computer and a lot of the inventory is messed up. Its just logical to use a human for fraud protection. It is safer.

In my occupation, whenever a customer pays with a credit/debit card, we are required to see the card upon delivery of their purchase, and get an imprint of the last 4 numbers of their card for proof that we saw it. We also have to match the name against their identification. It is a pain sometimes, but I would rather that the customer know that I am keeping their number and card safe rather than just take the computer's word that it was approved as gold.

Archived