slow page load

Guest 3dsoft

We are thinking about switching from vb to invision board. Our current board software is pretty fast and I am not sure if IP.Board can keep up with that speed.
While I am browsing here at this board I actually have to wait pretty often between 4-25 seconds until a page loads. This happens eventhough it says at the bottom of the page that the queries took less than a second. What's the cause of that long waiting times?

Well my board is very fast but I also have experienced slow pageloads on the company board/ this board.

You don't have IP.Blog & IP.Gallery installed or at least not for guests. On this board are more users online.

We were getting DoS'd yesterday, quite heavily. You'll notice page loads are much better today. ;)

We get hit pretty heavy from time to time. You'll note pages are loading instantly right now with "1385 user(s) active in the past 30 minutes" and we're using a single server setup for our company forums (db/web on the same server).

We were getting DoS'd yesterday, quite heavily. You'll notice page loads are much better today. ;)

We get hit pretty heavy from time to time. You'll note pages are loading instantly right now with "1385 user(s) active in the past 30 minutes" and we're using a single server setup for our company forums (db/web on the same server).

Why db/web on the same server? :blink:

Archived