What does it mean? IPB Version v2.2.2 (ID: 22011.70530.s)

Guest W13

In my ACP, it reads, "IPB Version v2.2.2 (ID: 22011.70530.s)"

What is all that stuff in the brackets?

(I'm not sure if this would belong in a ticket... but all I need is a quick answer, so maybe not)

It's the long version string. This is used internally by IPS to keep track of the various versions, and subversions (ie security patches) they have, even those which are never made public. The last letter does have significant meaning as to the type of release it was, but I do not recall what all id's were in use for this. All in all it isn't anything that you need to worry about. I hope that answers your questions :)

IPB Version v2.2.2 (ID: 22011.70530.s)

22011 - Numerical reference to the build # (i.e. upg_##### folder from upgrade/)

70530 - 200

/

05 (May)

/

s - security update (could also be u for upgrade or b for bug update)

you date stamp is wrong it should be 30/05/07 like we do over here in the UK :P.

I think the numbering scheme was just created from most significant to least (similar to binary), not based on any specific country's date scale. I know that in the US that year/month/day is not commonly used to display date. :thumbsup:

I think the numbering scheme was just created from most significant to least (similar to binary), not based on any specific country's date scale. I know that in the US that year/month/day is not commonly used to display date. :thumbsup:

And Matt came up with the numbering scheme at that..

Archived