Problem with my IPB board

Guest Demon King

Recently, the server my board is hosted on has been upgraded from PHP to PHP5. However, I'm having troubles with my IPB board now, because the old version of IPB 1.3 doesn't work with PHP5. Members's profiles and control panels can't be loaded anymore and with Firefox, you can't even access the site through the normal link.

Since I'd lose all posts if I switched versions, I've been wondering how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for the advice. :)

Thanks a lot for all the advice, people. :D I'm not good with technical stuff at all, so I'm always in trouble when stuff like this happens. >_<

I'll try and see if there's some other way to fix the problem, but if there isn't, I guess upgrading to v2.2.2 is the only thing left to do. :)

There is a way to do it, but you won't find it here, look elsewhere on the internet if you do not wish to upgrade.
I upgraded from 1.3 to the latest version a while back, yes there were problems but Invision fixed them all very quickly and were very helpful. It's definately worth it and you should go ahead with it!

Archived