Whats the point of our License Key?

Guest .Ryan

Yea, I believe there is a URL they can go to that tells them if the script is legit. I saw the URL on some site that they tested and it showed the site was not using a legit version. I don't see how people can do that, if I wanted to do that I would feel bad about doing it anyways. That is why I use a licensed version. Those stupid people that do that ruin it for all of us and make IPB go down the drain.

• 5 months later...

And one other thing that seems to be forgotten here is that out of those notifications that get sent out.. There's a percentage where the users don't even really realize that they're running pirated software and then comply. So, if you report a forum and it never goes down.. It's possible it's become licensed.

There was a guy who sold about 10 "licenses" to people, and all he did was add them as secondary contacts to his account.. Needless to say.. That guy doesn't have a license anymore either.. But neither did the 10 people he 'sold' a license to.

I occasionally see where someone puts in a support request and they are using a nulled forum, but they actually have a license. They got the notification, didn't realize (somehow) that it was paid software, or just decided it was time to comply, and purchase a license. Personally.. if I notice it's a nulled forum, the first step is to get it legitimate.. You have no idea what backdoors have been programmed into a nulled version.

And one other thing that seems to be forgotten here is that out of those notifications that get sent out.. There's a percentage where the users don't even really realize that they're running pirated software and then comply. So, if you report a forum and it never goes down.. It's possible it's become licensed.

There was a guy who sold about 10 "licenses" to people, and all he did was add them as secondary contacts to his account.. Needless to say.. That guy doesn't have a license anymore either.. But neither did the 10 people he 'sold' a license to.

I occasionally see where someone puts in a support request and they are using a nulled forum, but they actually have a license. They got the notification, didn't realize (somehow) that it was paid software, or just decided it was time to comply, and purchase a license. Personally.. if I notice it's a nulled forum, the first step is to get it legitimate.. You have no idea what backdoors have been programmed into a nulled version.

I always think that nulled boards have the links like: