Suggestion: IPS Hosting Server Status Reliability

Guest _Diesel_

Can't talk about this at IPS Beyond so.. let me try here as recommended from there. <_<

First of all, I'm on an IPS hosted site.

The IPS status site at http://www.ipshosting.net/ (when it's up) is not kept current. It also seems to go down when my server goes down. Are they on a single point of failure together? My site was down recently for a day and an additional day as a result of seeing the same MySQL error messages and the unchanged status site and assuming that everybody at IPS was aware of the problem. They weren't.

First, is the status site still viable? When I can get to it without timing out through my ISP, I see old messages. How about more communication flowing out from IPS? Even when I'm not on, my members are so how about letting me know when we took a hit and for how long? I work in Tech Support and I wouldn't have a job if I didn't provide timely information to my end users. Rebooting in the middle of the day (recently on my site) is not an option with us unless things have gone critical.

All I'm asking is that I'd like to see a functional status site from IPS, one that I can expect to be up all the time and not create time-out issues with my ISPs, both of them. I hope this is not an unreasonable request or suggestion. :)

• Management

Actually Jason L is developing an in-house IPS hosting NOC management utility. Part of this is entails an external (customer) status page similar to the admittedly outdated ipshosting.net. We're already using the internal functions now - it shouldn't be much longer for the public side. I'll keep this topic in mind and give you a preview as available. :)

Actually Jason L is developing an in-house IPS hosting NOC management utility. Part of this is entails an external (customer) status page similar to the admittedly outdated ipshosting.net. We're already using the internal functions now - it shouldn't be much longer for the public side. I'll keep this topic in mind and give you a preview as available. :)

Well, blow me away! Thanks! :thumbsup: :)

Amazing the answers you get if you go to the right place eh? :P :D Glad you got the feedback you were hoping for :)

<_<

Anyway, is IPS hosting reliable could anyone say? As sometime soon we may be changing host and IPS (if reliable) could be a possibility.

Edit: Cancel that, just looked on the hosting site and the storage space isn't enough.

Archived