Bug Tracker - Member Search

Guest Coastie

Would be nice if we could search the Bug Tracker for topics we have created or replied in.

Some times we need to dig up an old bug that was reportedly fixed, but really not. Finding it can be a problem some times, especially with the 4 character search limit. Things like CSS can not be found.

There should be an option to search my member name.

What is the point of having flood control or a 4 character limit on what you can search? I mean like if I want CSS or one of those stupid short words, its a real pain. Also we should have the option of subscribing to the bug or a particular category. So I can subscribe to my IP Board bug (just an example) a specific report, and then I can subscribe to the whole IP Converge Category, for new replies and new posts.

In regards to the 4 character search limit, the same logic applies to the search feature on the board. If you were able to search on CSS, you'd probably get 1000 or so bugs for your search results. It's best if you use something more unique to the particular situation you want to search for than to include a generic term that will show up in tons of reports.

What is the point of having flood control or a 4 character limit on what you can search? I mean like if I want CSS or one of those stupid short words, its a real pain. Also we should have the option of subscribing to the bug or a particular category. So I can subscribe to my IP Board bug (just an example) a specific report, and then I can subscribe to the whole IP Converge Category, for new replies and new posts.

While some of the ideas are nice what would you rather myself or Matt spend the bulk of our time on? Features for our (internal, non-distributed) bug tracker or IP.Board, IP.Dynamic, IP.Converge, etc. etc.? :)

Archived