location vs from

Guest sallam

Just a little suggestion regarding the location field.
It's fine that it reads LOCATION in the Personal profile section, however when posting, it reads FROM
Location and From are two different things.

LOCATION is where one is currently at and I understand the FROM field to mean the place of origin

So which is it? my location? or where I'm from?

Both are interesting demographics.. but which is meant?

For accuracy, I would recommend using one or the other.. If the words are being used interchangeably, I would use just one.

Thanks.

Isn't the correct interpretation then "posting from"/"submitted this post from", rather than "born in"? I think they're just using that word instead of location because it's shorter, less chance of the text needing to be wrapped onto another line. But exactly because 'from' is ambigious, they use 'location' in my controls and on the profile page where members would enter the information.

I'm confused. What does it require then? wishful thinking?
and bfarber, I thought you'd treat those who care for the software a bit better. I don't think you're in a position to judge people's intelligence.

Besides, language does count. Go figure.

I'm confused. What does it require then? wishful thinking?

and bfarber, I thought you'd treat those who care for the software a bit better. I don't think you're in a position to judge people's intelligence.

Besides, language does count. Go figure.

Whoa, I think you took my reply entirely too personally. I didn't insult anyone's intelligence, nor did I judge anyone, nor did I treat anyone in any specific manner. :blink: I merely stated that personally, I would have never thought something like this would be brought up as an issue..

Archived