Warning System

Guest cem12

I can't stand it anymore, i have to ask this. Can someone please explain me what the use is of the Warning System if it doesnt ban/suspend someone when they reach 100% ? Moderators have to REDUCE a member with 100% warnings back to 90% and then warn them AGAIN to suspend the user.

It's RIDICILIOUS.

Maybe just suspend them when they reach 100%? You should know that they are going to Reach 100% before you suspend them.

Either way, The warning system helps other members knows if they can trust people (If you make the Warn Level Public with a few edits)

hey, any1 help me pls ... in version 2. , a single Moderator cannot warn a member if that member doesnt post in his forum/box (which in version 1. a moderator can do) How can i manage it?

I can help you take a look at it. I don't understand what you are saying. Here's how it works for me, I have a super moderator group and then regular people that can only moderator a couple of forums.

You set the permissions for each in Tools and Settings ---> Warning System

Warning

You can ban them by warning them, or suspend them. Super Moderators can ban, I don't know about regular mods. But I know admins can do it.

If you have members that have gotten 10 warnings and you haven't already suspended them, then you are much more lenient about what you allow on your board than I. :lol:

I'm usually rather lenient on my forum too... But most of the time I leave the moderating and member policy to my more experienced staff... We all started the forum together at the same time and that happened because... I hardly ever moderate and do most of the "forum fix it stuff". The moderators and admins under our structure are mostly parents (kids forum). They definetly don't take much crap :lol:.

As far as warnings Go: If you have to warn someone more than 3, maybe 4 times, there's a problem. Plus if you wanted to be more lenient you can adjust how many points it takes to make it 100%.

Archived