Due to all the "report piracy"

Guest Strange_Will

I would like IPS to add something to there website that when you type the url it will check against Nexus where we entred our url and see if there is a liscenese on that url.

cPanel I noticed has that feature so why can't IPS?

Because it's not your job to go around witch hunting pirated boards? What happens if someone moves their board but forgets to update the client centre? You would enter the URL, the system would say not found, and you would frivously report it to IPS. And for what? Recognition of your wonderful efforts to avert the software piracy plague? Basically, they wont happen because it's not your job to hunt pirated boards (though if it's obvious, or you really do suspect foul play, they welcome the report) and, frankly, it's none of your business - why do you think the old IPSCheck function of IPB was altered to stop nosey people using it? There are countless numbers of reasons one would not have the correct URL in the client centre, not just piracy.

:) <-- Shows I'm discussing not arguing

when you have a smiley face as an avatar it might make people not notice any smilies you put into your post though :P

• 4 weeks later...

Archived