IE6 Support

Guest JDT

My site has about 20% IE6 users... the rest are Firefox 1.5/2 and IE7 users...

Well, I don't think it is a good idea for users to see the AdminCP, is it?

Besides, the Internet Explorer is not a browser known for its security. Administrators shouldn't use it.

Firefox, Opera, Safari and Konqueror are much more reliable browsers.

IE6 is still 'supported', however it's getting to the point that going far out of our way to fix quirks that *only* show up in IE6 isn't worth it anymore. IE7 is the most recent release of the browser, and Microsoft has made some great improvements (while not perfect...nothing is though). Bugs that happen in IE6 can be reported...they just won't get entirely the same attention that a bug that happens in every browser will.

Reguardless if browser prefrence... IE7 is a improvement. If you haven't read up on the Vista version of IE7, you should take a look. It really does remove nearly 99.7 percent of all flaws because of its severely limited access. 'Protected Mode' is what it is called. The only things that can be exploted through IE7 would be through third party apps like Flash or Adobe PDF. Look into it. ;)

Thanks Brandon for your info. Good to know when I can get a licence next year and I get on from school. I'll use my Portable Firefox.
*Note: Community college = school. Not middle or high school. Probably would have internet rights removed.

Archived