Download Manager?

Guest Lemon Head

Hi,
The latest news post about the release of IPB v2.2.0 mentions that IP.Downloads 1.1.0 is also available as part of the components. I've looked in the Downloads section of the Client Centre and its not there and there is no link to it on the Invision site. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ah, thanks guys! Much appreciated. I was also looking for some information on what it is and I found this topic from October.
Is it still the one used on IPSBeyond, I thought that had been available as a download there for some time after so many where asking for it? I was sure I read posts about people happy they could now download it. Must be more confused than I thought!

I'm currently re-designing my main website which accompanies my forums and have about 10 downloads. I was going to add some basic download counter information but I may go for the IPS full monty instead. Would it be of use as I've already started creating a page for each download which has for example a description, minimum system requirements and a flash video preview of what each screen saver looks like? I was going to add a simple button to download the file, so intead could I link to the download in IPS Download Manager? Does it work this way?

Ah, thanks guys! Much appreciated. I was also looking for some information on what it is and I found this

topic

from October.

Is it still the one used on IPSBeyond, I thought that had been available as a download there for some time after so many where asking for it? I was sure I read posts about people happy they could now download it. Must be more confused than I thought!

I'm currently re-designing my main website which accompanies my forums and have about 10 downloads. I was going to add some basic download counter information but I may go for the IPS full monty instead. Would it be of use as I've already started creating a page for each download which has for example a description, minimum system requirements and a flash video preview of what each screen saver looks like? I was going to add a simple button to download the file, so intead could I link to the download in IPS Download Manager? Does it work this way?

The download manager is indeed the one used on IPS Beyond. When I had developed it, a lot of members requested it, but it took some time before we actually started selling it. That is why you began hearing from people happy they could download it - they had to wait a while before it was possible.

The download manager can do everything you said...except for flash screenshots or previews. Technically, you *can* limit upload rights to the admin group (it sounds like that is how you are intending to use it) and allow html (in which case you can submit the html flash tags in the description directly). Or after purchase you can post on IPS Beyond and (from a user-to-user perspective mind you) we can take a look at how it might be possible to add in flash support for the screenshots. :)

The download manager is indeed the one used on IPS Beyond. When I had developed it, a lot of members requested it, but it took some time before we actually started selling it. That is why you began hearing from people happy they could download it - they had to wait a while before it was possible.

The download manager can do everything you said...except for flash screenshots or previews. Technically, you *can* limit upload rights to the admin group (it sounds like that is how you are intending to use it) and allow html (in which case you can submit the html flash tags in the description directly). Or after purchase you can post on IPS Beyond and (from a user-to-user perspective mind you) we can take a look at how it might be possible to add in flash support for the screenshots. :)

Thanks for the clarification! I'll give this some serious thought. :rolleyes:

It is available, try reading the topic! Now how much is it!? :P

Hope this helps from the topic I linked to above:

BFarber:

To order it (at this time) you would need to email sales[@]invisionpower.com and request it. It is $50 for initial purchase with one year support/updates. Afterwards it is $20 annually if you choose to renew it.

I do not know at this time if it's pricing is going to change any with the new pricing structures being implemented, however as the base Blog and Gallery package pricing is not, I would assume no.

Archived