flood control

Guest krang

Hi,

Is it or will it be possible in some of your further versions to set "avoid flood control" per user? Or other settings like that? I looked at the database and I wasn't able to find anything. Or do I have to make another usergroup for those few users (no moderators) for whom I want to disable the flood-control and make that their primary group? I only want to enable this for 1 or 2 users therefore a new usergroup wouldn't make any sense if there is another way to handle this.

thanks

Handling things per group and per user is quite a pain, and a lot of overhead.

Instead, make a new group with the advanced settings, and set that as the user's secondary group - no need to set it as their primary group - higher privileges will override lower priveleges.

Instead, make a new group with the advanced settings, and set that as the user's

secondary

group - no need to set it as their primary group - higher privileges will override lower priveleges.

Ah, ok. Thank you. I think that would be fine for me and the users will stay in their primary "displayed" group. Very nice.

Handling things per group and per user is quite a pain, and a lot of overhead.

Instead, make a new group with the advanced settings, and set that as the user's

secondary

group - no need to set it as their primary group - higher privileges will override lower priveleges.

secondary groups and extra permission masks are indeed a handy thing in many ways. :)

Archived