Paided Subscriptions

Guest Volvospeed

Going from 2.1.7 to 2.2 somewhere I introduced a paid subscriptions problem. When a member pays for any of the subscriptions the money does through and no errors are generated on either end but it does not promote them like it is supposed to. Files are all current as of Fridays download of RC3 and tables look good. Any thoughts?

I don't think it's a bug with the subscription manager itself if I had to guess - hardly anything has changed with the subscription manager.

Is curl available on your server? Are you behind a firewall? What gateway? Is the gateway properly configured?

CURL support enabled
CURL Information libcurl/7.15.3 zlib/1.1.4
'./configure'
'--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'
'--prefix=/usr/local'
'--with-xml'
'--enable-bcmath'
'--enable-calendar'
'--with-curl'
'--enable-ftp'
'--with-gd'
'--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local'
'--with-png-dir=/usr'
'--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6'
'--enable-magic-quotes'
'--with-mysqli'
'--with-mysql=/usr'
'--enable-discard-path'
'--with-pear'
'--enable-sockets'
'--enable-track-vars'
'--with-zlib'

Not sure whats causing it. As I said it runs through all th steps. Pick you subscription, pay via pay pal, paypal alls ends the money, and tells the user thank you blah blah. Even says the member purchased the plan under the subscriptions window. It just does not promote them like it used to. It may not demote either but I have no way of telling.

I don't think it's a bug with the subscription manager itself if I had to guess - hardly anything has changed with the subscription manager.

Is curl available on your server? Are you behind a firewall? What gateway? Is the gateway properly configured?

CURL support enabled
'./configure'
'--prefix=/usr/local'
'--with-xml'
'--enable-bcmath'
'--enable-calendar'
'--with-curl'
'--enable-ftp'
'--with-gd'
'--with-png-dir=/usr'
'--enable-magic-quotes'
'--with-mysqli'
'--with-mysql=/usr'
'--enable-discard-path'
'--with-pear'
'--enable-sockets'
'--enable-track-vars'
'--with-zlib'

Not sure whats causing it. As I said it runs through all th steps. Pick you subscription, pay via pay pal, paypal alls ends the money, and tells the user thank you blah blah. Even says the member purchased the plan under the subscriptions window. It just does not promote them like it used to. It may not demote either but I have no way of telling.

CURL support enabled

'./configure'

'--prefix=/usr/local'

'--with-xml'

'--enable-bcmath'

'--enable-calendar'

'--with-curl'

'--enable-ftp'

'--with-gd'

'--with-png-dir=/usr'

'--enable-magic-quotes'

'--with-mysqli'

'--with-mysql=/usr'

'--enable-discard-path'

'--with-pear'

'--enable-sockets'

'--enable-track-vars'

'--with-zlib'

Sorry for the double post. I got that that other error that does not happen ;)
You know the one where it tries to save the php file instead of streaming it. Then it makes you double post and look like a jack ass ;)

• 1 month later...

I can confirm this same situation exactly... since going from 2.1.5 to 2.2.0 (final) - the payment gateway being PayPal, and working pretty much flawlessly prior to migrating to 2.2.0.

The transaction entries area in the IPB Subscriptions Manager always indicates same error - it shows the PayPal transaction, but fails and exits:

"PayPal: Duplicate transaction ID - failing and exiting transaction"

As requested by Brandon F., I'll check the bug tracker... but this is definitely a problem on our site - www.v70r.com ... yes, another Volvo site, like Volvospeed ;) but hopefully it isn't only reproducible on Volvo sites running IPB 2.2.0 :)

Rob

I've also been getting the same problem since the upgrade to 2.2.0. I'm now seeing a lot of these types of error messages:

PayPal: Duplicate transaction ID - failing and exiting transaction

PayPal: Subscription started (non recurring). Set trans_id to paid,

PAYPAL: Tried to return validate but failed: POST DATA EMPTY

Never had any of these issues with the subscriptions manager before 2.2.0.

PayPal: Subscription started (non recurring). Set trans_id to paid,

This is normal, and means it was succesful.

PAYPAL: Tried to return validate but failed: POST DATA EMPTY

This means paypal didn't send any post data...

PayPal: Duplicate transaction ID - failing and exiting transaction

This has multiple meanings. There has been a bug report opened for some time regarding echecks (which I updated recently to include any pending transaction) that might explain this - IPB doesn't fully support the pending status from paypal. See the bug tracker for more information.

Archived