Digg Integration

Guest Boltonian

Digg Integration - Read instructions from Digg

The syntax for digging and article is as below

http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=www.UniqueURL.com&title=StoryTitle&bodytext=StoryDescription&topic=YourSelectedTopic

Does anyone currently allow their member to Digg their threads? I think this would be a great mod as Digg can dramatically increase the traffic to your site.

How about a mod for this?

Yeah, it'd be cool I guess. Maybe an ACP option for each group - "Allow this group to add a digg this link to their topics?" Then users can choose to use the digg thing if they make a topic...

I don't really understand the digg thing though, I kind of grasp the concept, but...

I think it would better be served as a mod, I can think of many sites that wouldn't want digg links.

I can think of many sites that would.

If someone posts a great thread, then users can Digg it, hence making other Digg users aware of the thread.
From what I understand, Digg can dramatically increase traffic to your site.

With Digg ranking in the top100 sites (according to Alexa), I am surprised a mod hasn't been developed already

• 3 weeks later...

Given that the information is passed through a url, it could be as simple as a template edit. Maybe with a dash of JavaScript to escape the values for creating the url :). Of course you could do that in PHP but.... Java Java Java! :devil:

oh my, I got it to digg a thread by clicking a link in the topic view!

that one page thats linked above has it so you can digg posts. I quite like digging threads though and not individual posts. I'll post more...

it prepopulates the URL, and title. If you have it use the topic description for the description it has a comma in there and doesn't look right.

Archived