my rc2 test board

Guest dflorin

instalation went smooth. no problem. feedback:

1. i went straight to acp. first surprise: it warns me i do not have an up to date version??? it is only 10 minutes since downloading. trying to reset the warning ("click here to reset this warning") forces me to log in again - maybe it compares the version number with the official latest version number wich is still 2.1.7?

2. why the color changes? i find the actual acp color scheme more aggressive than 2.1.7 ( i mean mostrly the blueish background instead of the grey one). maybe it is just the shock of a new thing and i will adjust in time.

3. i imported a 2.1.7 skin. does not work, as expected. but i cannot change back (as a user) to the default skin. i tried to force all users back to default skin, no luck. never mind. the skin is gone. deleted.

4. fonts in admin cp were better in 2.1.7. more easy to read. the font used in rc2 looks strange, bigger, and letters (like M) are not clear. unpleasant feeling.

5. never mind, this point is clear now.

6. nice member edit page, but again, do something with the fonts.

7. the dropdown near "a test category" is written in white font over almost white (very light blueish) backgound??? i can barely see them

8. radio buttons have a border around them. not nice.

9. some images in the dropdown menus are considered as adds and consequently blocked by the browser??? *for example, the one near "export skin set" in a skin set dropdown).

10. default skin css file says: "Cascading Style Sheet(CSS 467), for Invision Power Board 2.1.0"

enough for now. i will continue here if needed.

is there a way i can do something about those fonts myself? like change a setting somewhere?

i am using for the first time the "generate skin differences" option. i need some help with this: when viewing the differences, some text is on red background (removed) some is on green (added). ok, but from who's point of view? i generated the report from the custom skin. is it correct if i say red text was present in the default skin but not in the custom skin, and green text was not in the default skin, but it is present in the custom skin? or is it the other way around?

And by the way, a complaint I see nobody else make is that in 800 by 600 resolution, a lot of info does not even SHOW on the profile page, mainly in the area that tells recent visitors to the profile. Like... their name is either in the wrong place or missing totally and the gender icons don't show. But for some reason when I reported it, they said working as intended!

1. i went straight to acp. first surprise: it warns me i do not have an up to date version??? it is only 10 minutes since downloading. trying to reset the warning ("click here to reset this warning") forces me to log in again - maybe it compares the version number with the official latest version number wich is still 2.1.7?

It will show that you out of date until the final is released.

4. fonts in admin cp were better in 2.1.7. more easy to read. the font used in rc2 looks strange, bigger, and letters (like M) are not clear. unpleasant feeling.

i fixed this: edit acp_css.css. there are 2 lines that list some lucida fonts (they are very close to each other, search for "lucida"). just remove those fonts. i placed verdana on the first position on those lines. i also reduced the font size (next line) from 11 points to 10 points. now it suits me way better.

Archived