Policies & Guidelines

Guest Luke

Every once in a while on my site we will update our Rules / Policies & Guidelines. When a member registers they agree to these policies and guidelines. Minor changes are ok, but when you have some big changes you may want to have the member re-agree to the rules. So it would be kind of neat to have a thing where when all the memers are set to agree to it again (not new registered members after) they have to agree to the new policies and guidelines before doing anything else.

That'd be kinda irritating.

Surely it'd be easier to just post an announcement, "Our terms of service have changed, please review the changes. If you do not agree... [blah, blah, blah blah]"

I would like this option as well. I have alot of images made by members and its my site policy no images are to be ripped Nor ripped images are allowed to uploaded to the gallery. would make it alot easier on us if we can just edit some major TOS and Policies and have the members read throug h it and agree.

That'd be kinda irritating.

Surely it'd be easier to just post an announcement, "Our terms of service have changed, please review the changes. If you do not agree... [blah, blah, blah blah]"

Not everyone will read it, plus it can be a legal matter as well. If you added something to your rules against illegal activity, or whatever, and the user does it anyway they can say "That's not what it said when I registered", etc...

I do agree this would not be useful for moderate changes, but rather significant changes that needs to be seen by the user base. All it would say is something like "Our rules have changed. Please agree to the changes below" (or something like that) and have them click an "I Agree" button. They cannot do anything else if they do not agree. If they click "I disagree" it would simply log them out or something.

Sites like PayPal (for sure) and eBay (partly sure) do this kind of stuff all the time.

Not everyone will read it, plus it can be a legal matter as well. If you added something to your rules against illegal activity, or whatever, and the user does it anyway they can say "That's not what it said when I registered", etc...

I do agree this would not be useful for moderate changes, but rather significant changes that needs to be seen by the user base. All it would say is something like "Our rules have changed. Please agree to the changes below" (or something like that) and have them click an "I Agree" button. They cannot do anything else if they do not agree. If they click "I disagree" it would simply log them out or something.

Sites like PayPal (for sure) and eBay (partly sure) do this kind of stuff all the time.

Yes, that would be nice. You could also have an option to where they can't view any of the forums or anything (basically acting like the board offline feature whenever you turn it off) until they check the tickbox and approve again.

Yes, that would be nice. You could also have an option to where they can't view any of the forums or anything (basically acting like the board offline feature whenever you turn it off) until they check the tickbox and approve again.

That's the idea ;)

Archived