New RSS Icon

Guest Luke

I know the new one is the standard, but even with the old one, alot of people didnt know what it was. They would click it and select one of the feeds and see an XML document - doesnt make a lot of sence!

I'd like to see the feeds given some style like the BBC ones, so when someone clicks on it, it tells them all about the feed, and how to use it. Or at least some more help documents by default. It's all well and good providing users with new features, (RSS export is relatively new, and things like the new profile) without documenting them from a user perspective.

I really think they do need to decrease the size of it a bit, at least make it the same size as the standard RSS icon in IE7. It would look more natural to me if it were roughly the same height as the skin dropdown that it's sitting right beside.

I personally think it is a good size how it is. Mostly because it perfectly fits within the footer bar without stretching anything at all.

But then again, it is up to personal preference.

Thankfully, it is just a single image. So the customer can change it to whatever they would like. :) The feedicons.com site even gives you a .psd file to edit it how you want.

I personally think it is a good size how it is. Mostly because it perfectly fits within the footer bar without stretching anything at all.

But then again, it is up to personal preference.

Thankfully, it is just a single image. So the customer can change it to whatever they would like. :) The feedicons.com site even gives you a .psd file to edit it how you want.

Not when you have the debug information turned off, which is turned off by default.

Not when you have the debug information turned off, which is turned off by default.

Even so, I have tested it with it off. It does not stretch it out too much.

Using an extension in Firefox to resize images, the current RSS icon is literally 4 pixels larger than the skin drop down. I really don't see a reason to change it to save 4 pixels. And those 4 pixels only come into account when debug info is off.

And when logged in as a guest, it is still not that bad. Again, it is just an image. People are free to change it. :)

I think if it is of the size of icons just above it, it would suffice

==============
Icons of these, just above rss icon.

No New Posts No New Replies
Hot topic Hot Topic (New)
No new Hot Topic (No New) Poll Poll (New)
No new votes Poll (No New)
Closed Locked Topic
Moved Moved Topic

===============

Archived