Profile Portal Question

Guest Elemental Crisis

1. If you don't have Gallery and Blog installed will the tabs for it not show up?

If the component is not enabled, the tab won't show up

2. Is there an option in the ACP to add different sections or is it hard-coded?

You can create plugins easily by dropping two files into the components_public/profile/ folder ( a .cfg file and a .php file - developers should quickly be able to pick up on the format). No file code changes necessary.

Something else that just came to me.

Its great you can view topics and replies for any user by checking their profile but what if you wanted to read more of a certain topic or see what the response to a reply was? Could the thread link be displayed the topics and replies so you could easily click on them instead of having to search through the forum for that topic?

Of course I already know the workaround and thats by clicking on their name and selecting "Find Member's Posts" but I just thought it would be nice to have the thread link shown in the profile.

You can create plugins easily by dropping two files into the components_public/profile/ folder ( a .cfg file and a .php file - developers should quickly be able to pick up on the format). No file code changes necessary.

Hope the IPB portal can have this feature too.

Archived