2.2 Portal?

Guest King Buzzo

Hi there, I think IPS should make a nice Portal... Something like phpBB Plus has or phpNuke... I love those 2 portals... But there are no such mods for IPB... it would be great to see a nice Portal integrated with the new 2.2... I'm looking forward to the final release and get a new license! :)
Cheers,
sT7

Hi there, I think IPS should make a nice Portal... Something like phpBB Plus has or phpNuke... I love those 2 portals... But there are no such mods for IPB... it would be great to see a nice Portal integrated with the new 2.2... I'm looking forward to the final release and get a new license! :)

Cheers,

sT7

It's coming :) Have a look through some of the forum titles on this site ;)

Which reminds me haven't ask Charles "is it ready yet" for at least a week :shifty:

matt mentioned a secret thing that is so amazing but they keeping it a secret, not sure wot it was but might be the portal system as its the only thing to still be shrowded in entire secrecy, i tried to access this forums portal but doesn't seem to be working or up.

I don't think there should be a portal, IP.Dynamic will solve that little problem...

And what about for those who don't want and/or can't afford IP.Dynamic? I happen to use the portal on my board, and I'd hate to see it taken away just because IP.Dynamic is available for use.

There has been no changes to the portal in 2.2 unfortunatly.

That is too bad. The portal is the first thing people see when they get to my site. I can tell my members all day about how wonderous this new release is going to be, but, if I have the same old portal I expect to get the Monty Python "And there was much rejoicing, yaaaaaayyyy".

Turning the conversation, what are the plans for the portal? Right now it seems to operate as an afterthought. Not much functionality there...

That is too bad. The portal is the first thing people see when they get to my site. I can tell my members all day about how wonderous this new release is going to be, but, if I have the same old portal I expect to get the Monty Python "And there was much rejoicing, yaaaaaayyyy".

Turning the conversation, what are the plans for the portal? Right now it seems to operate as an afterthought. Not much functionality there...

Compared to IP.Dynamic, I think the IPB Portal is supposed to be quite basic. >_<

So are you telling me that in the ACP there are no changes to the portal? Still the same options?

Looks like it to me!

matt mentioned a secret thing that is so amazing but they keeping it a secret, not sure wot it was but might be the portal system as its the only thing to still be shrowded in entire secrecy, i tried to access this forums portal but doesn't seem to be working or up.

So what was this then? Anyone know..........

P.S Emoticons don't appear to be working for me, am using IE7 RC1

Archived