Priceing questions I can not find answers too

Guest Gary O

ok I know that my yearly licenses I have that are still good will transfere to standard and I will only pay 30 bucks every six months to get updates.

Here are the questions.

I have one yearly license that just expired. I can renew it for 69.95......(or buy another license for 40 and use it on that one lol) but all the same I own the software now. If I wait will that license also go to a standard and all i pay is 30 bucks for 6 months of updates?

THe next kicker is this. Lets say I have three standard licenses. Now one expires but there are no updates becuase there was just one 2 weeks ago. Can I wait untill the next update and then pay 30 bucks for 6 months? Meaning once you own the a license to run the software can you buy 6 months of updates ANYTIME?

Thanks. These have me worried and the answers will allow me to chose if I stay with IPS or not. I want too but I will not renew a license every 6 months. becuase I may renew for 6 months and only have one security update(which should remain free) then the next 6 months is a big release. See what I am saying. I think it should be like the phone support. You pay the 30 ucks when ever you want your 6 months of updates.

Thanks so much guys.

This is important to me and I searched around but did not get a solid answer.

• Management

If you have expired yearly licenses once they new pricing starts then you will not be able to reactive them. This is only for current customers and active licenses.

Yes - you can renew the 6 month thing any time. If you choose not to renew at 6 months you can let it expire and renew at a later time. Of course you won't have access to our resources during that time but like you said if you're not concerned that's fine.

If you have expired yearly licenses once they new pricing starts then you will not be able to reactive them. This is only for current customers and active licenses.

Yes - you can renew the 6 month thing any time. If you choose not to renew at 6 months you can let it expire and renew at a later time. Of course you won't have access to our resources during that time but like you said if you're not concerned that's fine.

Regards to being able to renew the optional support and product support, at any point ( from my understand of what you just said ) proves I made the right choice :-)

Of course, I get free upgrades for life, since I purchase a lifetime while it was on sale all those months ago :wub:
I cannot think of any reason anyone with a yearly license that will expire after these changes take effect, would be upset, considering they are getting basicly a free upgrade to a standard license. I could go on to say the, price of such license is over 3 years of product support and upgrades.

Mostly just confusion :)

We had someone submit a ticket a bit ago furious that the new license would cost $129 every six months. Where he got that number from is a mystery.

Is there anything that actually costs $129?

Big fan of yours Charles, followed this company since it had the buggy forum following Matt's sudden seperation from perl (w00t)

* In the interest of not making even a blanket statement toward that particular connection to that particular company, I will remain this vague. Lets just say this, any programmer who sticks up what he feels is right, is an A++ character and anyone who works with him can't be that bad.

OK I have two yearly Licenses which both go up next year, first at march and then at may. I can't upgrade them before Oct 1st. So I would have to seat on the new Standard price. I understand that when the time comes up to renew it I can for less but its only for 6 months. I understand that. However, what if say I don't want to renew at least not right away?

From my understanding from before was that once the new prices go into effect and my two yearly Licenses are upgraded to the new Standard License. Then at time of renewal I can do so at the low price, but if I don't then it expires on me. If I choose say 2 months down the road to renew it I can't. I would have to pay the full price of $149. But from what your saying is if I let my new Standard License (Upgraded form Yearly) expire I can at any time renew them for 6 months at the renewal price. Is this correct?

Sorry I fix it I was typing two messages at once. I edited so that it reads better. In any event that is good news as I may not want to renew my main site right away as I may have no need for the features of 2.2 but I can see some of the new features to be useful for my other board which is going to be a rpg style board.

Sorry I fix it I was typing two messages at once. I edited so that it reads better. In any event that is good news as I may not want to renew my main site right away as I may have no need for the features of 2.2 but I can see some of the new features to be useful for my other board which is going to be a rpg style board.

From my understanding from before was that once the new prices go into effect and my two yearly Licenses are upgraded to the new Standard License. Then at time of renewal I can do so at the low price, but if I don't then it expires on me. If I choose say 2 months down the road to renew it I can't. I would have to pay the full price of $149. But from what your saying is if I let my new Standard License (Upgraded form Yearly) expire I can at any time renew them for 6 months at the renewal price. Is this correct?

DO NOT COUNT on your expired yearly licenses to upgrade. My understand is your yearly license cannot be expired, so this means you would pay the FULL price for a standard license.

Let me see if I understand this, then. If I had a yearly license that expires BEFORE the change goes into effect, I must purchase the full standard license.

If I have an active yearly license on changeover, it is converted to the standard license in effect at that point, with the support running until my license expires. At that point, I have an expired standard license... and I can wait, say, 3 months, to renew for the $25?

Same thing for my perpetual license, I assume. Though it expires in January, I can pay my $30 in may? If I need the support, that is--I love the downloads.

So the critical point is having an active yearly license on the date the new terms take effect--after that, it's just the $50 a year (well, $25 per 6 months) to renew. If you let it expire BEFORE the changeover... sucks to be you.

Right?

PERFECT!! That is what I wanted to hear. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was worried that I had so many days to renew for 30 bucks then I would have to pay the 150 agian.

Nothing to complain about at all now. I like the new set up. Now I just have to renew my one board.

PERFECT!! That is what I wanted to hear. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was worried that I had so many days to renew for 30 bucks then I would have to pay the 150 agian.

Nothing to complain about at all now. I like the new set up. Now I just have to renew my one board.

Yearly license if you have one, is the only thing you MUST purchase again if its expired.

The perputal license will NOT expire, at least for product updates, the $30 is for support and other "community" features ( future and present, ie IPSB ).

The yearly license is the only thing that gets upgraded to the new license, Lifetime and Perputal licenses stay the same.

It's true we can renew standard license at any time even we don't renew it after 6 months?

I guess business license is same like standard license?

The only difference between the Business and Standard license is the level of support that is promised.

If you don't need an answer that is promised within a day, or phone support, or whatever else. Save yourself a good amount of money, a normal customer will have little need for a Business license ( infact would not be shocked thats what they want ).

They want to provide a different level of support to people who MUST get help, compared to people who can wait a few additional hours, of course not saying "were" not important but most of us do not run a business on their websites.

Archived