Instant Message/Chatroom

Guest Zians

Nothing wrong in helping..

True, I forgot that you may be a user/mod for a forum with IPB on it :P

You might also consider TUFAT's $5 FlashChat with the IPB integration module (look for it on Invisionize).

$5 or $80, it is up to you. FlashChat does what I need, though.

http://www.tufat.com/chat.php

I dunno, I mean sure it's cheap, but at the same time. I don't know how much to trust it, it's that cheap.

Isn't the other chat only 40 bucks?

FlashChat can only accommodate a certain number of users before you overload it

How many can flasherize?

While I am not sure if Invision is still partnered with Sigma Chat, it is another solution that is also integrated into Invision Power Board.

If you want something inexpensive, powerful, and simple Sigma is the way to go. The down side is every once in a while it'll crash (or so I've heard), but it's never happened to me. You can import your own emoticons and sounds, whereas the last time I checked ParaChat didnt have that ability. They also have a version 8 in the works, which is supposed to be even better.

I believe that ParaChat was designed to be a chat and support center solution, so it can be a little confusing for those looking for a simple chat room.

Another down side to Sigma is the chat uses the login name rather than the display name (mainly because of the Sigma Chat module. Isnt as well supported by IPB as Para Chat. The module was lightly upgraded). But if you do a little digging on their forums, I posted a solution. Look for posts made by "Luke Scott".

Geez, theres nothing on that site that shows how to integrate ><

I run on a virtual 700mhz computer, so I can't run any special server software on top of it, it's already pushed to it's limit.

I dunno it just seems that all the chat solutions minus flashchat is needlessly complicated.

who needs a user interface in a chat: it has to have basic looks but these are the most important features imho:
- a chat must be fast, limit teh amount of lag. :)
- a chat must also be auto-authenticated, no need to bug people with a second login screen, all chat systems I've seen so far require you to supply info to a second login box.

I disagree... have a look at the link I provided... very simple. :)

Most of the chat software looks really bad, UI wise

Wait, okay I've been looking for a way to download the software.... you can't? I want to run it on my own, not pay MORE than I'm paying for IPB for a chatroom thats going to be used LESS than the forums itself :P thats silly.

who needs a user interface in a chat: it has to have basic looks but these are the most important features imho:

- a chat must be fast, limit teh amount of lag. :)

- a chat must also be auto-authenticated, no need to bug people with a second login screen, all chat systems I've seen so far require you to supply info to a second login box.

Flashchat integrated with an auto-login with my forums great. Very easy, I'm just worried about bandwidth overhead. Maximum users, and all that other fun stuff.

And it 'refreshes' with the database every 3 seconds, makes chat a little slow.

Strange Will, you can download my software... it comes in a ZIP once you purchase. It's only $40 for a year, by the way.

It's nice, but 80 bucks for a version that will run indefinately (I want to just pay for the software, I don't mind paying per year for upgrades, but having to pay to keep the same version running... no.)

Also doesn't seem to support chatrooms. As in I have a couple sub-forums, and I want them to have seperate rooms :(

You can always spawn multiple rooms from one copy... just gotta install it into a different directory. but, it's fine. you can ask me over at my forum rather than here. :P

Install? It's server side software? requiring 3 copys of software to run 3 rooms?

Thing is i run on a very restricted machine, that would probably easily drown it.

• 3 months later...

I recommend you 123 flash chat, it is an inexpensive and powerful chat server software which can intergrate database into your forum, and you can download free modules for many popular portal or forum system from its website.

Of course, its download speed is also very fast without any interuption, and it is also very easy to intall. It also hasfree demo for you to test. For further details just click here123 flash chat.

Archived