Edit Member in thread

Guest Miss J.

My forum is not a technical one, and has very UNtechnical people on it. They can never seem to get their sigs (etc) right and it would be SOOOO much easier on me - the only one with admin access - if there were a link in the box under their name in threads, to where I could view and edit the code or whatever straight from the thread instead of-

having to log into admin. having to go the the member's tab, then search, pick, edit... just to look and see if maybe they forgot a tag or something!

Make it to where admins (and even mods!) can have the ability to do this right from within a thread! (Or at least by looking at their card.)

Along the same lines, it'd be SUPER swell if users email addresses were actually displayed to admins and mods right within their profile. Not a privacy issue since they can be found in AdminCP anyway. Just make it easier on us!

Thanks for the consideration. Right now these things are a major pain and just not getting done because it's too much.

this is actually a very good idea, if you can do something with one click then why do it with 3, couldn't this be solved with some ajax scripting?

What's wrong with 3 clicks? Click member name, click "edit profile", edit it and hit submit.

Where it may seem like a good idea, there is a such thing as over-kill. The only reason why we have quick edit is because editing a post is a lot more common and makes editing posts easier for the moderator and user (can edit more than one post at a time).

I think the origonal post didnt realize you could edit the signature from the board :)

It'd be nice if you could ban the user via the Edit Member panel. Instead of going into the ACP, using the ban option on the board could just change their primary member group to the banned group... would be much quicker.

Archived