Polls.

Guest .Kennedy

It would be very nice if Polls showed what you voted for, in case you have forgotten.

+1

Yes, displayed in a title="" so it doesn't take up anymore room...

Or it could go where the "You have already voted" text is.

Yes, I support idea to choose wether the voters' choices will be visible (on a pop-up list, for example) or not. It should be per-poll option, I think.

Thanks!

Yeah, and perhaps a global setting to allow this at all - its not appropriate on some boards.

• 2 months later...

Problem is - currently IPB does not store in a retrievable manner who voted for what....

it stores who voted in the voters table, but not the option you selected. It stores total vote counts for an option, but not who selected them.

Add it?

Add it?

One problem would be support for existing polls - not sure how to "professionally" manage that, since IPB wouldn't have a way to know what you voted for on previous polls.

vBulletin simply italicizes the option you voted for. This is a simple, yet good, idea.

Still missing the fact that IPB currently cannot determine what a user voted for. :)

One problem would be support for existing polls - not sure how to "professionally" manage that, since IPB wouldn't have a way to know what you voted for on previous polls.

Couldn't it just be an if statement? If the entry doesn't exist for a poll (it'd be for old polls), do nothing. If it does then pull the required information, then italicize/note/color (doesn't matter) the choice you voted for.

I'm not saying it's not possible. It's just going to be tricky to manage it properly. I was looking into the option to show what a user voted for and found this - if we added *that* option some polls would have the data while others wouldn't, and it would be a little awkward.

Haven't figured the best way to handle this, but it's something to consider for 3.0 probably.

Haven't figured the best way to handle this, but it's something to consider for 3.0 probably.

I really hope you find a good way of implementing this for 3.0, as you've said. It's a nice little addition to the poll system. Of course, on the subject of polls, we should also be able to have multiple choice polls, too.

Archived