Merged - default profile fields

Guest yorkiemal

Matt what are the possibilities of making all the default elements in the profile form and profile view easier to customise, at present I believe that some of these elements are hard coded and can't be changed either easily or at all with out either a mod or custom change by IPS, it would be much better if all the elements of the profile could be customised/edited and not just custom profile fields.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the "Interests":

Edit language options, lang_profile, scroll to the bottom and look for "<ibf.lang.interests>", you can change that to be "Biography" or "About me" or whatever else.

For the location field.. I can only presume that you are using 1.3.1 (or before), which I'm not sure how to do it in that. If you're using v2.0.x then you either need to purchase a license or go into your client center and set your member ID in there to show you as an IPS customer before I'll help you with that.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally feel this has to be one of the most important features of IPB, basically at the current time of me writing this, admins are only able to add custom fields for members to fill out, they are unable to edit or remove the ones that are their by default such as DoB, Location, Website, etc.

I think the custom profile feature in the admin cp should be scrapped and replaced by "Profile Fields" where the standard default fields are shown, and can be deleted, edited and new ones can added, this will give admins full control over their profile fields.

For the record as an example the ranking system is already like this as it has New Member and Advanced Member by default and admins may edit them, delete them, and add new ones. It would be great if the profile feature could be done in the same way!

Thanks for your time,
hope to see this implemented in 2.1

:thumbsup:

[font="Verdana"][size=1][b]I personally feel this has to be one of the most important features of IPB, basically at the current time of me writing this, admins are only able to add custom fields for members to fill out, they are unable to edit or remove the ones that are their by default such as DoB, Location, Website, etc.

I think the custom profile feature in the admin cp should be scrapped and replaced by "Profile Fields" where the standard default fields are shown, and can be deleted, edited and new ones can added, this will give admins full control over their profile fields.

For the record as an example the ranking system is already like this as it has New Member and Advanced Member by default and admins may edit them, delete them, and add new ones. It would be great if the profile feature could be done in the same way!

Thanks for your time,

[/b][/size][/font]

Forgive me if i am wrong but isn't this what you already requested here ?

I certainly agree that this feature should be added!

Perhaps sticking to the one topic and giving it the occasional bump might help...

That way if 40-50 users have all agreed (in one thread) that they would like to see this feature, it would probably be more likely to be noticed by Matt and then perhaps implemented.

:)

[font="Verdana"][size=1][b]I personally feel this has to be one of the most important features of IPB, basically at the current time of me writing this, admins are only able to add custom fields for members to fill out, they are unable to edit or remove the ones that are their by default such as DoB, Location, Website, etc.

Thanks for your time,

[/b][/size][/font]

An interesting idea ... and I vote for it.

Keith

The link to the main topic: http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=170312

I personally feel this has to be one of the most important features of IPB, basically at the current time of me writing this, admins are only able to add custom fields for members to fill out, they are unable to edit or remove the ones that are their by default such as DoB, Location, Website, etc.

Please vote yes or no for this feature!

If we can get enough votes then maybe it will be implemented in 2.1

Thanks for your time,

i have started a poll for this:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...opic=181862&st=

all in favour vote yes! if we get enough votes maybe the IPS staff will implement it! <_<

as for some reason not one has been involved yet!

And with a bit of luck someone will (yet again) merge the poll with this topic.

Im all up for this idea to be implemented but seeing the same topic posted all over the place is getting boring.

yeah but this idea is very old, and no-ones from IPS has even commented on it? so like i'm pushing to get it done as this is almost essential, cause the current custom profile wizard is useless.

i seriously think this has to be the most important feature ever for IPB 2.1, without it it'll be no better than 2.0.4 IMO and since i wasn't the orig creater of this topic and due to mine being merged i couldnt add a poll, so it'll be cool if they do merge the two!

Archived