Merged - default profile fields

Guest yorkiemal

well i'll try! :P

but Matt still hasn't replied about this, and so it's not looking like he's going to either! and thats if he even knows about this idea and as 2.1 is on to Beta 4 now so a final version is surely on the horizon and this hasn't even been discussed properly by IPS!!!

Vote:

If you want this feature in 2.1, post +1

+1

thats a bad idea! the admin should be able to choose their own profile fields completely, but by default it should have all the usual ones that are already their! i really cant see why this is such a big problem as it'd be so easy to do as its really no different to the setup of member ranks in admin cp, and the custom profile field already does the job, its just that you cant edit the default ones, only ones you have added!

Calm down buddy :lol:

I think a feature request should be where a particular custom-field goes.
Like:
Viewing Profile (the main section at the top)
Active Stats
Communication
Information
Additional Information

That way you could add a messenger by adding the field and selecting it to be in the "Communication" section, Gender into the "Information" section, etc.

If i understood you correctly you we're meaning the ability to choose where this new field went like in the Information box or the Additional Information box?

If so this is a really great idea, but how about being able to edit those as well so like you might want to create e.g. Personal Details, Public Profile Info, etc...

Matt please make feature in 2.1>>> :ermm:

Ok then tell me how easy it is. I mean, removing the defaults of "AIM" and the others, then installing them as custom fields as 'default examples', changing the skin, updating other code to know where to find the data, which data, what to ignore.. It's harder than you are giving it credit for. I mean hey if Matt decides he wants to do it and then does, that's cool, but the reality is that 2.1 is already on Beta 4, with Beta 5 expected next week.. It's primarily in the "bug killing" stages now. The mid-august release is already not going to be happening from the looks of things, which is all cool (rather have a stable rather than a rushed release). Adding in new features, and having to bug-kill those, would delay the release time even more. There were quite a few features that had to get axed from 2.1 in the interest of getting it out sooner rather than later.

Not to sound harsh, just it's a reality.

Just about everyone has made feature requests, some of them own multiple licenses, and their ideas may not have been included, and their ideas may have also been given with more time and been more practical.

A feature request is just that.. A request for a feature. Therefore, when you're told that the odds of it being in the next release, due out VERY soon, are more slim than the usual slim odds, don't take it like if it's something personal against you. Personally, I wouldn't have a true need for this idea, but I still like it because it would give the admin more power over their board and it's overall theme.

Yeah you can ask for it, no one said you couldn't. But you asked why I doubt it'd be in the upcoming 2.1 release and I told you. I also told you that it's up to Matt because ultimately he's the one programming it. He might decide to pull off one of his small miracles and do it. But if he doesn't, don't feel like your ideas weren't heard.

I have made countless ideas, well over half a year ago, and I don't think any of them made it into 2.1. I'm not offended because I know that out of the thousands of ideas, only a handful can be reasonably expected to make it. :)

Archived