More IPB Portal features

Guest -Strider-

I think IPB Portal should be easily customizable. I think you should be able to make custom blocks, and i think there should also be IPGallery and ITSL blocks available that show a random image, and the top 5 sites.

Also, when hiding all skins, the select skin block still shows up, with a blank drop down box

If the IPB Portal can be as customable as PHPNUke then it would really rock IMHO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For some reason i think they wouldnt go that far, as not to make it comparable to IPDynamic, but i would really like to see a gallery/topsite list block made available, and maybe even custom content blocks

i have been desperately seeking for a way to at least include the latest images from my gallery on the portal page , but don't see any documentation / discussion anywhere . :(
Also however , there is a option to add Settings in the IBP portal option in Admin CP . anyone got any idea how to use that ?

For some reason i think they wouldnt go that far, as not to make it comparable to IPDynamic, but i would really like to see a gallery/topsite list block made available, and maybe even custom content blocks

Since they have indicated in another thread that IP Dynamic is going to be a full CMS, and not remotely portal-like, probably with a hefty price tag (Matt said competitve platforms range from $500-$30,000), I'd like to see a lot more power to the Portal.

I'm currently busying myself with modifications (heavy), but I'd rather have something more friendly out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait..

Thats a lot of money.
My news site (which just left nuke) won't be able to come up with that kind of money and they just payed for v2.

I agree about the not including the news threads in the recently updated list but its not that big a deal, it is "correct" in its behavior.

The bug about the recent posts is a problem with me as well. I don't know how long this portal script has been out there but I'm hoping someone is coming up with a fix soon.

As for categories I think a picture and text noting what forum the post came from would work just fine.

And lastly
Another bug I've found is the fact that uploaded avatars don't show up on the portal page. I had to host my own avatar off site to get it to show.

-Francis

Archived