Can someone help me upgrade my older ipb version to latest version?

JohnBerg

Can someone help me upgrade my older ipb version to latest version?

I tried all ways to upgrade, including manual sql update but the files/sql are not compatible between v4.5.4.2 and latest version. I need a developer help, i can pay for support. Is there a way to contact you directly here?

admin/upgrade doesnt work, it says There are no applications available to upgrade

I tried the ?app=core&module=system&controller=upgrade as well but it says: There are some problems with your database which need to be fixed before you can start the upgrade.

If i click on "Fix automatically" or "Check again" it will tell me "Sorry, we could not find that! 2S106/1 Page Not Found.". If i insert the sql querys manually, its the exact same thing and error.

I tried manual upgrading by copying the sql lines to the new freshly installed last version of ipb but i get database errors so most likely the databases are not compatible with eachother or probably because of the .php files difference between the 2 versions. Im not a developer nor a expert, i really tried my best to upgrade this ipb but i cant, i need your help!

There are no applications available to upgrade

2 hours ago, Marc said:

What are the database errors you are getting?

In the support section of your admin CP, before you begin, do you have "Enable mb4" showing under the mysql section?

Sorry i don't understand, where is this mysql section? The System check shows all green!

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Edited by JohnBerg

11 hours ago, Marc said:

Even on an old version the support page should be present. Try going directly to this location

admin/?app=core&module=support&controller=utf8mb4

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

yes the link u gaveme works but it changed nothing, i still cant upgrade. After i click fix automatically or check again ,i get

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

and of course, even if i insert the querys manually, it will still tell me that i have problem with database

Could contain: Page, Text

and  the support page is still blank like before

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Edited by JohnBerg

Considering you can't even see anything below the Get Support title, something is definitely very wrong with your site/files.

Nothing specific comes to mind without looking at it directly, though.

Are there any errors in your browser console?

Once it was complete, did it ask you to add something to your conf_global.php?

7 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Considering you can't even see anything below the Get Support title, something is definitely very wrong with your site/files.

Yeah I agree. Just not sure how far behind and there were bugs with the banners at one point, which would cause an issue if you cant dismiss